Do I buy my dream truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mario4147

Reaction score
Here is the situation, I currently have a 2021 XLT (full loaded) that’s paid off. Truck is awesome and does everything i need. My dream truck has always been a Raptor, especially now with the sick avalanche color. I found one near me that has no markup, just MSRP 84k. Dealer ran some numbers and offered 40k for mine, along with cash down, my payment would be ~600 a month. I don’t have any debt except a mortgage. After all my monthly expenses, I would be left with around 1500 to save or spend as I wish. It’s nice not having a car payment but also, this might be the last time (for a while at least) that I can get this truck. Not sure how the market will be in the upcoming months due to the UAW strikes. What are your thoughts?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
My vote is to do it. MSRP and you are getting a pretty good trade in amount for your XLT. The nice thing is that if you have buyers remorse, you will be able to recoup most of your money on the Raptor. You won't have any remorse though.

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put together your deal. Your truck + a check for $X + whatever financing you need = $Y. You come up with $X, but more importantly $Y. Make $Y a set number and tell them they can either give you more in trade or come down on price. Play hard ball

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Put together your deal. Your truck + a check for $X + whatever financing you need = $Y. You come up with $X, but more importantly $Y. Make $Y a set number and tell them they can either give you more in trade or come down on price. Play hard ball

It's too early for algebra.

1697126285190.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

You’re not going to find discouragement here. Let’s be honest, we’re a bunch of fùcking enablers here. @shank_guru is right. MSRP deals are there and achievable now, so your objective should be more solid trade on the current truck / or sell it and under MSRP.

The truck is a bit overpriced and has been since ’17, but... if you buy new and go to Raptor Assault, there’s no way you can walk away from that thinking Ford cheated out. Ford put a cr@p ton of research, testing, QA into the Rap and that’s why people who want one aren’t x-shopping jeeps and what not.

Paraphrasing Yoda:

Buy not stupid !
Buy. or Buy not.