"The Predicament"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here it goes. I owned and loved a 2013 Raptor Screw with all the goodies and added as most of us do, lights and winches and etc etc etc.

I thought I would be smart and sell while the market was "hot" and I did. Then I would wait for the 17 and pick up the new body style. I literally paid $52k for my truck, drove it for 49,000 miles and sold for $48k..... Maybe that was even too cheap as I scan around on eBay.

Now for the Predicament. I am still in love and missing my baby. I spend to many hours looking on all the sites for Raptors! I see new accessories that I NEED for the Raptor I don't have!

Do I buy another one or stick with my original plan and wait for the '17?!?? Tell me Raptor addicts, what do I do???

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first bit of advice would have been to keep what you have. However, since it's already sold, I'd wait for the 17 if you like it.

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first bit of advice would have been to keep what you have. However, since it's already sold, I'd wait for the 17 if you like it.

That is the practical advice! More than likely what I will do, but just very tempted...

I am excited for the 17, but unlike most I am actually very excited about the Eco boost.

My wife has a Lincoln Navigator with the Lincoln version of the Eco boost and 4:10 gears. I absolutely love it...... With that said I do really find myself drawn to the styling of the current gen 1.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there and wait 1 more year. In the mean time, purchase a razor or an traxxas r/c raptor and get your thrills.

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a sxs. It certainly helps, but it's just different wo the Raptor!

5e91f508f679578786c74bec49998a36.jpg

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought about that option a lot. Been looking, just can't seem to find that real cheap one. Amazing my local dealer has a '10 scab 5.4 w 29k miles. Asking $43,900.

Im all over an inexpensive 10 or 11 6.2 screw. Need screw, I have 3 boys.

Gumart1

Reaction score
Why not buy a 10' for real cheap with high mileage and just enjoy it till the 17' comes out?

That's exactly what I did. Bought a '10 Scab with 90k miles, 6.2, 1 owner, in the mid $30's. Runs perfectly and everyone still thinks it's new. I couldn't imagine being without my Raptor waiting that long for the new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter