Garage Kept or Outside in the Elements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, I hope you are kidding? Any time you can keep it away from sun, rain, and etc. it helps. Why do you think it cost more for covered/inside parking? We keep all equipment we can covered and it helps. Look around automobiles, planes, boats, tractors, even football stadiums last longer if covered.

no not really. boats, tractors, even planes are just hair bit different from a car built to drive on the road. i hope you were kidding.
-boats-interior is 100% exposed to outside elements.
-tractors-interior, engine all exposed to outside elements
-planes- where every parts has to be certified beyond a millionth degree and bearings literally cost tens of thousands of dollars.
-equipment- yea you really are not supposed to leave those outside either.
-stadiums- lol yea those have a cover for their interiors so you dont get ****** to death like you are at greenbay

the only single item on the list we have been talking about that you can leave outside its entire life and not be effected is a CAR/TRUCK.
everything you listed is actually in danger of being DAMAGED.

im not saying parking in a garage isnt good for a car, im simply saying you really arent doing **** but making yourself feel better.

D

Deleted member 12951

All my trucks for the last 30 years have been kept in the driveway including the raptor. I see snow, ice, heat, etc being in the midwest. Previous to the raptor, I kept the trucks clean and waxed and never once had a dealership on a trade-in show any concern to the paint or under carriage for what they gave me.

My raptor has been offroad and every panel including the roof has been scratched so keeping it outside is no big deal, its still a truck. Now my GT500, yeah that’s in the garage.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All my trucks for the last 30 years have been kept in the driveway including the raptor. I see snow, ice, heat, etc being in the midwest. Previous to the raptor, I kept the trucks clean and waxed and never once had a dealership on a trade-in show any concern to the paint or under carriage for what they gave me.

My raptor has been offroad and every panel including the roof has been scratched so keeping it outside is no big deal, its still a truck. Now my GT500, yeah that’s in the garage.

duh.

and why is the gt500 in the garage? because you get a semi chub seeing it in there all nice and clean as **** whenever you want.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Pretty much the same here, I used to keep my $20K Boxster in the garage and my 68K truck in the driveway :ROFLJest:...I sold the 986, truck is still in the driveway...truth is it would need a shoehorn to fit in my garage so I dont bother.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no not really. boats, tractors, even planes are just hair bit different from a car built to drive on the road. i hope you were kidding.
-boats-interior is 100% exposed to outside elements.
-tractors-interior, engine all exposed to outside elements
-planes- where every parts has to be certified beyond a millionth degree and bearings literally cost tens of thousands of dollars.
-equipment- yea you really are not supposed to leave those outside either.
-stadiums- lol yea those have a cover for their interiors so you dont get ****** to death like you are at greenbay

the only single item on the list we have been talking about that you can leave outside its entire life and not be effected is a CAR/TRUCK.
everything you listed is actually in danger of being DAMAGED.

im not saying parking in a garage isnt good for a car, im simply saying you really arent doing **** but making yourself feel better.

Ok ok this is getting long.
No my boat is not exposed to elements except while we are in it. Cause it is stored IN COVERED BOAT DOCK! It is my 7th boat, made mistake of leaving 1 not in dock. Hence I have seen the difference
Planes, well since that’s part of what I do for a living. I am quite sure I can type way more than we wanna read about how the elements hurt them. No bearings don’t cost that much!
As for tractors. Again, we work on the ones that are left out (due to lack of room) much more due to the sun and elements. Seats, hydraulic lines, tires, anything plastic or rubber the sun is hell on them, especially on combine headers.
So, I am speaking of personal experience on all of these. You? Prolly just talking outta your ass as usual
AND YES, BEFORE YOU ASK MY RAPTOR IS PARKED IN A GARAGE

donh

Reaction score
Park mine right on the street in front of my house. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and all the rain keeps it nice and clean. I'd have to remove my reloading shop and my wife's car if I wanted to park in the garage. ;-)

D

Deleted member 12951

and why is the gt500 in the garage? because you get a semi chub seeing it in there all nice and clean as **** whenever you want.

Cause its a convertible and my truck won’t fit with the light rack. Plus its winter time so won’t be driving it until spring.

And is your last comment really necessary? Does that make you feel tough on the Internet or are you just an ******* in general?

bf960d799663912cfaf3c73fff2cb6f8.jpg

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok ok this is getting long.
No my boat is not exposed to elements except while we are in it. Cause it is stored IN COVERED BOAT DOCK! It is my 7th boat, made mistake of leaving 1 not in dock. Hence I have seen the difference
Planes, well since that’s part of what I do for a living. I am quite sure I can type way more than we wanna read about how the elements hurt them. No bearings don’t cost that much!
As for tractors. Again, we work on the ones that are left out (due to lack of room) much more due to the sun and elements. Seats, hydraulic lines, tires, anything plastic or rubber the sun is hell on them, especially on combine headers.
So, I am speaking of personal experience on all of these. You? Prolly just talking outta your ass as usual
AND YES, BEFORE YOU ASK MY RAPTOR IS PARKED IN A GARAGE

-right but cars and trucks have covers that dont get removed, so you dont need to worry about it. you literally proved my point lol. if you left a boat out in the elements with no cover. it will be damaged. not the same for a truck thats 100% closed up.

-Planes, yea im not trying to say i know you or what you do. but yes bearings in planes can cost 10s of thousands of dollars and higher. not because they are made of super secret metal, but because they have to be certified to the nutsackth degree. thats true i dont know why you think its not. if it hurts them or not by sitting out all the time? i dont know, im not a plane mechanic. i do know that smaller prop planes will take damage if left out and never attended too.

-and tractors again have all that stuff exposed that cars/trucks do not have exposed. again proving my point about what NEEDS covered to prevent damage, and something that makes you feel better but doesnt hurt anything.

thats good you park your raptor in the garage, i dont think there is anything wrong with it at all. i just dont think it preserves the value one single bit.
unlike on planes, tractors, boats, ect that will all receive damage over time by simply being left outside.

i am talking out of my finger tips, lol im sorry you are offended by my point of view and choose to use negative comments at me.#raptorlivesmatter

edit. you can literally leave a car sitting for 40 years outside and replace the battery and fire it up. THATS MY POINT.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Cause its a convertible and my truck won’t fit with the light rack. Plus its winter time so won’t be driving it until spring.

And is your last comment really necessary? Does that make you feel tough on the Internet or are you just an ******* in general?

bf960d799663912cfaf3c73fff2cb6f8.jpg

its a forum, i was unaware we were in kindergarten? it does explain why you have a Vert though lolololol.
parking a Vert in the garage makes sense

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AndysLog you are a waste to talk to! Last time I am pointing out your ******* statements
The inside of a boat IS MADE TO BE IN THE ELEMENTS! Gets wet every time we use. But leave it out, not good. Sun would trash it
Plane stuff. Just shut up. The reason I know what they cost? I see the bill- you?
My tractors are John Deere- yours?
Again all this straight outta your ass!
Yep Rick you nailed it. ******* in general!