engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I just drove back home and have had no problems. All my guages were good trans temp was fine. Maybe the gas sloshed too much. Its weird that it said low oil pressure after it shut off.

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me a few times now, same thing. Its a 2011. I was in an angle going up my driveway as well, I was going slow. It always gave that same message too, Low oil pressure. After the third time i started going up fast, and hasnt happen again. Now, should i be worried about it stalling like that trying to use the hill decent going down in steep angle like my driveway incident?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me a few times now, same thing. Its a 2011. I was in an angle going up my driveway as well, I was going slow. It always gave that same message too, Low oil pressure. After the third time i started going up fast, and hasnt happen again. Now, should i be worried about it stalling like that trying to use the hill decent going down in steep angle like my driveway incident?

Are you saying that while you were moving up the hill, the engine was still running and, the low oil pressure light came on and, then the truck shut off? Or did the engine shut off and then the low oil pressure light cam on...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The enigine shut off first, then the messages showed up. I had roll down the drive way on to level surface for it to start again.

Ok, I feel better about it now... lol That what it should do since you have no oil pressure while it off... Still, down a hill its kinda scary cause after the 2nd time you use the brake the assist is gone...

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my information display(2011) it said low oil pressure. I turned the key and it started right up. My gas was at 29 to Empty.

Wonder if it's displaying the wrong message. What's the build date on your Raptor?

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few times now, same thing. Its a 2011.

What's the build date on your Raptor? Recall about what the fuel level was?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 10s done this a few times. Usually happens when I put it in reverse with the wheels turned. First time it happened I was at 11k feet, figured it was the altitude playing games. But its done it in my driveway at 6700 ft so, so much for that thought/hope. Mine just dies followed by the low oil pressure light. I've scanned it for codes and nothing is ever stored for it stalling out. I just add it to the weird fluke of things my Raptor does. Also doesn't matter how much fuel is in the tank.

You do still have brake assist with the engine off. The ABS pump will run off the battery and help apply brake fluid pressure. It's operating much like how it does for the down hill assist. It's kinda cool.

SVTRAPTOR4489

Sergeant-at-Arms
Reaction score
Mines done this, creeping up a steep new housing development dirt pile...

Engine shut off-low oil pressue light was on. Can the reason be due to low rpms?

Concept

Reaction score
My truck stalls all the time
Got lots off oil
Engine the engine keeps ticking?
Cats again or valves?

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck stalls all the time
Got lots off oil
Engine the engine keeps ticking?
Cats again or valves?

Since you have a supercharger and (hopefully) a custom tune, your stalling issues are probably not related to the ones described in this thread. Good luck though getting your SC issues worked out. I'm sure that once you do, it will be a blast to drive. :driver:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter