2011 Raptor Transmission Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamSVT

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Hope to become a more frequent user here. Been lurking for a while in the lead up to the purchase of my truck but now have reason to post.

I recently purchased a 2011 6.2 Raptor. It had a supercharger fitted to it prior to purchase however just before the handover, the engine had blown (the block).

I fitted a used engine and had some weeks of good driving. Once in a while I would hear and feel a thump when changing gears (automatic) but other than that, the engine was performing well. Gear changes were becoming a little worse until the wrench came up on the dash.

Initially DTCs were solenoid E, E, E and all related to electrical and open circuit. So we replaced the mechantronics and once done, many more errors came up, Also all electrical but this time it was for Solenoid A, Solenoid D, Solenoid E, Actuator Voltage Open Circuit, Torque Convertor Solenoid Open Circuit etc etc.

Ford have said that the PCM is malfunctioning and there's no power going from the computer to the transmission.

The truck is stuck in 3rd and only moves to reverse. No other gears work.

Now If there's no power, will the truck be able to shift from reverse into 3rd and vice versa?

Second question is they say my PCM has since been updated and been replaced twice with superior PCMs.

Initial part number is BL3Z-12A650-BUA and there saying the latest part number to replace it with is BC3Z-12A650-FCNP

Googling only shows this part number for the 250 super duty. Now I get both are running the 6.2 however wouldn't more show up for the raptor related to that part? Nothing other than 250 superduty is listed in parts catalogues.

Aiming to get this sorted asap but I am not sure the Ford dealership in Dubai are right with this one.

Thanks, Sam

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Hope to become a more frequent user here. Been lurking for a while in the lead up to the purchase of my truck but now have reason to post.

I recently purchased a 2011 6.2 Raptor. It had a supercharger fitted to it prior to purchase however just before the handover, the engine had blown (the block).

I fitted a used engine and had some weeks of good driving. Once in a while I would hear and feel a thump when changing gears (automatic) but other than that, the engine was performing well. Gear changes were becoming a little worse until the wrench came up on the dash.

Initially DTCs were solenoid E, E, E and all related to electrical and open circuit. So we replaced the mechantronics and once done, many more errors came up, Also all electrical but this time it was for Solenoid A, Solenoid D, Solenoid E, Actuator Voltage Open Circuit, Torque Convertor Solenoid Open Circuit etc etc.

Ford have said that the PCM is malfunctioning and there's no power going from the computer to the transmission.

The truck is stuck in 3rd and only moves to reverse. No other gears work.

Now If there's no power, will the truck be able to shift from reverse into 3rd and vice versa?

Second question is they say my PCM has since been updated and been replaced twice with superior PCMs.

Initial part number is BL3Z-12A650-BUA and there saying the latest part number to replace it with is BC3Z-12A650-FCNP

Googling only shows this part number for the 250 super duty. Now I get both are running the 6.2 however wouldn't more show up for the raptor related to that part? Nothing other than 250 superduty is listed in parts catalogues.

Aiming to get this sorted asap but I am not sure the Ford dealership in Dubai are right with this one.

Thanks, Sam

I haven't a clue but I'll bump this thread for you!

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the tranny working fine before the engine went? Did you do just the short block or entire motor to get running again?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score