Line-X & Factory Running Boards Cleaner - Adam's VRT Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my truck for over 3 plus years and the Colorado sun just beat down the Line-X in the bed before I got my tonneau cover installed. The nice shiny look was replaced with a dull, almost dirty look. Hated it. I thought I remembered seeing something on these boards on how to clean them, but I can't find it again. So I contacted the Adam's rep here and had the Super VRT recommended to me along with a cleaning from their All Purpose Cleaner.

WOW, can't say enough for how awesome it turned out. The cleaner was easy to use, then we started into the VRT application. My 3-year old twins even joined in on the fun, they had a blast helping dad. The VRT was easy to apply and we saw immediate results. Line-X looks brand new and shiny but not slick. We then tackled the running boards and made them look brand new. Completely tickled with the results, we found other areas on the truck to polish: hood vents, door handles, mud flaps, etc, etc.

Rating: A+

Thanks @AdamsPolishes

Gave the truck a good washing this weekend too with ONR. Results below.

Attachments

• IMAG1059.jpg
    IMAG1059.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMAG1054.jpg
    IMAG1054.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 180

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used zymol vinyl conditioner on my vinyl raptor decals and side rails it works great on vinyl but I am looking for something to clean the factory bed lining it is like lone x but not the same. I used some state bio degradable all purpose cleaner with mixed results. What would Adams recommend for the bed?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I used zymol vinyl conditioner on my vinyl raptor decals and side rails it works great on vinyl but I am looking for something to clean the factory bed lining it is like lone x but not the same. I used some state bio degradable all purpose cleaner with mixed results. What would Adams recommend for the bed?

The key to anything is to treat it as two parts:

1) Clean
2) Protect

For the cleaning stage you're good using an all purpose cleaner. I'd recommend scrubbing with a medium stiff brush. The bedliner materials will hold onto dirt really well so agitation to break up buildup is key.

I usually clean bedliners with our All Purpose Cleaner at full strength and one of our Fender Brushes.

After its cleaned I dress with a 1:1 dilution of our Super VRT. Because its water based it can be diluted to create a spray on dressing. I spray onto the bedliner then level off with an old towel or foam applicator to remove excess.

For the dilution you'll need:
16oz Super VRT
32oz Dilution Bottle
Water (tap is fine for this, no need to use distilled)

This keeps it looking nice, dark, and even.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The key to anything is to treat it as two parts:

1) Clean
2) Protect

For the cleaning stage you're good using an all purpose cleaner. I'd recommend scrubbing with a medium stiff brush. The bedliner materials will hold onto dirt really well so agitation to break up buildup is key.

I usually clean bedliners with our All Purpose Cleaner at full strength and one of our Fender Brushes.

After its cleaned I dress with a 1:1 dilution of our Super VRT. Because its water based it can be diluted to create a spray on dressing. I spray onto the bedliner then level off with an old towel or foam applicator to remove excess.

For the dilution you'll need:
16oz Super VRT
32oz Dilution Bottle
Water (tap is fine for this, no need to use distilled)

This keeps it looking nice, dark, and even.

How long before the black fades out again?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too many variables to say for sure.

Climate, outdoor sun exposure, use of the bed, etc all contribute to the 'how long will it last' answer.

On our shop duallys we generally hit the bedliner once a month with diluted VRT and they're stored outdoor full time in CO.

In the winter months we don't do much bc they'll just get hammered again LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter