Swapped Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The argument or debate only continues when one refuses to consider the true possibilities. I simply stated a logical conclusion that a few refuse to accept and continued to state my reasons why it makes sense.

I really dont care either way about this subject but those that simply say ford made a mistake in how they were installed simply want to tell themselves they know better. The part was stamped with the proper side and theres a reason why they made that choice.

To take 5 minutes of my time to remind others to rethink some things isn't a waste of time especially when this world needs that more. Cancel culture is a thing that has caused this world to stop using their minds simply because people are afraid to speak out when they get attacked or come off as the minority.
Lol cancel culture? No one is canceling you, I’m just simply stating that this conversation is a complete waste of people’s time and we are all dumber for reading and being a part of it. No one wins in these types of situations and we’re just providing fodder for other truck owners to say “haha look at those ford idiots, complaining about stupid shit again”.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They do work better switched around as you don’t have the holes allowing mud and gunk to strip the doors.
I am 5’8 and the steps are not even close to allowing me to wash the windows. I use a ladder. So, having them turned around helps with keeping mud off my truck with no downside.
What other parts do we change that we could argue about?

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do work better switched around as you don’t have the holes allowing mud and gunk to strip the doors.
I am 5’8 and the steps are not even close to allowing me to wash the windows. I use a ladder. So, having them turned around helps with keeping mud off my truck with no downside.
What other parts do we change that we could argue about?
how about reaching the wipers to replace the blades. I try to avoid the ladder to not mske it obvious that im under 6 feet tall myself lol

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about those of us who can't be bothered to make our own decisions? I was waiting for a clear winner so I would know what to do.
My goal is to make this viral so that every car enthusiast knows the ford raptor owners are split between believing the raptor side steps were installed backwards from the factory and everyone who has them installed in non factory standard per the manufacurer specs driving them in public will be identified as brainwashed sheep by the guy who started this stupid trend.

It's confirmation bias any benefits the side step flippers want to see.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My goal is to make this viral so that every car enthusiast knows the ford raptor owners are split between believing the raptor side steps were installed backwards from the factory and everyone who has them installed in non factory standard per the manufacurer specs driving them in public will be identified as brainwashed sheep by the guy who started this stupid trend.

It's confirmation bias any benefits the side step flippers want to see.
Or are those who lack the ability to think for themselves and say FORD is Perfect the brainwashed ones? hmmmm. I mean in the history of car manufacturing there has NEVER been a recall. All vehicles are always made...PERFECT.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or are those who lack the ability to think for themselves and say FORD is Perfect the brainwashed ones? hmmmm. I mean in the history of car manufacturing there has NEVER been a recall. All vehicles are always made...PERFECT.
Confusing design flaw with a simple design decision are two different things. When you engineer a moving part, there are many variables unaccounted for and unknown. Sometimes they do know the risk but go with it anyway hoping the cost benefit outweighs the risk of repairing so many things. A design decision is as simple as elon musk saying he wanted all the teslas to be black to save money by having one paint color but then realized white is a better choice to do that since its less obvious when theres different shades in production and has less tendency to fade.

Some choose to see it as some sort of cult or organized faction with a conspiracy to cover things up while im simply considering it as a business and the choices they make being in business.