Has anyone paid to have the grey parts body color painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like the title states. Ive seen a local dealership due this and I think it came out nice. Wondering if anyone has paid to have this done and what I would expect to pay. I would have considered their truck but I didn't care for the wheels and price (higher than a Roush Raptor)

Basically the bumpers, side pieces and fender flairs to match the Lightening Blue as in the photo attached.

Main reason for asking is I'm overseas and my rig is at home. Not close to any body shops to ask.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7504.jpg
    IMG_7504.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the gray sets it off.

I think it looks great with a lot of the colors. When I saw the all blue one at a dealership in Katy, I was hooked. My wifes happy because she thought I was looking for Neon Yellow... :lol:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too...
I like black Raptors without the gray accents, but I like the gray accents on the other colors.

Agreed, most Raptor colors it's a decent contrast (especially the white). I'm still undecided about the Mineral Gray color, (that's what I have coming), as the flares, grill surround and bumpers look like a flat Magnetic color and not sure how that looks with gloss Magnetic body color? Not enough contrast I'm thinking, I may PTM these parts to match the Magnetic...

Here's another example I saw yesterday at the Fab Ford's Forever meet: (I like that the grill surround is PTM as well as the FORD bar)

Attachments

• Red painted front 01.jpg
    Red painted front 01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, most Raptor colors it's a decent contrast (especially the white). I'm still undecided about the Mineral Gray color, (that's what I have coming), as the flares, grill surround and bumpers look like a flat Magnetic color and not sure how that looks with gloss Magnetic body color? Not enough contrast I'm thinking, I may PTM these parts to match the Magnetic...

Here's another example I saw yesterday at the Fab Ford's Forever meet: (I like that the grill surround is PTM as well as the FORD bar)

That looks great! I'm liking that extra painted grill insert. Leaves just enough black to look good without stepping into eurotrash :biggrin: