GEN 2 turbos and oil catch cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First drain

2500 miles, roughly a tablespoon of oil. Fairly clean oil at that.

Attachments

• IMG_4069.jpg
    IMG_4069.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 68

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7k miles about a 1/4 cup!

071c6a8d4c675eec1fe10c17c6e00a59.jpg

I noticed from your other thread that this was from a focus ST. Still boosted, but a different engine.

I have the UPR catch can installed, but it looks like the Raptor 3.5 may be producing slightly less.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed from your other thread that this was from a focus ST. Still boosted, but a different engine.

I have the UPR catch can installed, but it looks like the Raptor 3.5 may be producing slightly less.

that's good if less - i was shocked at how much was caught by the OCC

the ST is my wife's daily driver ~60 miles per day, but it also has the Mountune MP275 kit and tune :)

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's good if less - i was shocked at how much was caught by the OCC

the ST is my wife's daily driver ~60 miles per day, but it also has the Mountune MP275 kit and tune :)

Yeah...it's more like the little dish pic above after a couple thousand. Honestly, I think most are fine without it at that amount. However, I'd rather have a cleaner engine and the slight peace of mind anyway.

DWNLDBLCNTNT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bracket Strength?

Just wondering for those running a catch can on their Gen2 (specifically, the UPR), how strong is the bracket? Looking at the setup, my concern is whether or not it will bend with any serious off-roading.