GEN 2 Kooks Catted Downpipe and Borla S-Type and SPD video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would love to see actual performance comparisons because often noise makes people think HP and it is not the case.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am i understanding this right? Kooks has 2 version of cats, race and GREEN. GREEN is a little more restrictive and maybe quieter. Are yours the GREEN cats?

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see actual performance comparisons because often noise makes people think HP and it is not the case.

No, race are NO cats, green is cats. I have green. The shit is loud with the Borla S-Type.

New resonators on the way, I'll get them installed and rerun. As far as Performance goes, it's way faster than factory. Louder yes, faster way faster.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
No, race are NO cats, green is cats. I have green. The shit is loud with the Borla S-Type.

New resonators on the way, I'll get them installed and rerun. As far as Performance goes, it's way faster than factory. Louder yes, faster way faster.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Do you have any before and after 0-60 and quarter mile times?

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any before and after 0-60 and quarter mile times?

Before 0-60 was consistently around 5.9 seconds

It's now consistently under 4.9 seconds

It's not just 0-60 its when you go from 60-90 the pull is mad.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to rag on the down pipes or adapters because they are part of a bigger picture...

But most of that is in the tune. I'm running a CAI, a bolt on FOrd touring.... and the five star tune...

I don't have spd adapter or down pipes.

I did a timed 0-60 best run of 4.81 at sea level around 80 degrees and that was using 4A because of wheel spin issues. All attempts were under 5 seconds.

Even a dead stop without loading up on torque and launching was sub 5.

I'm guessing you're only shaving off a tenth of a second or less.

I'm sure you'll put them to good use when you go to bigger turbos.

Before 0-60 was consistently around 5.9 seconds

It's now consistently under 4.9 seconds

It's not just 0-60 its when you go from 60-90 the pull is mad.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to rag on the down pipes or adapters because they are part of a bigger picture...

But most of that is in the tune. I'm running a CAI, a bolt on FOrd touring.... and the five star tune...

I did a timed 0-60 best run of 4.81 at sea level around 80 degrees and that was using 4A because of wheel spin issues. All attempts were under 5 seconds.

Downpipes will usually be worth 10-30 rwhp even on stock turbos if you have a tune, depending on engine size and if you go offroad or high-flow. The exhaust, I've been around the TT AMG scene for a while and the performance increase from doing it is usually next to nil.

PS, if you can do some 1/4 mile runs, I'd be very curious. ET and trap speed give a lot more info than 0-60 runs.

Bullishone, if the resonators don't do it for you, it's worth a shot going back to stock exhaust and keeping the DP's just to see. It'll get rid of the rasp and still sound plenty more aggressive than stock with those highflow DP's. The factory true dual setup flows more than enough to make shit loads of power.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all true.... but for the fact that no one has before and after runs on a Raptor to verify it.

What works on one engine may or may not work the same way on another.

Butt dynos are notoriously flawed.

QUOTE=Bombsquad68;1180069]Downpipes will usually be worth 10-30 rwhp even on stock turbos if you have a tune, depending on engine size and if you go offroad or high-flow. The exhaust, I've been around the TT AMG scene for a while and the performance increase from doing it is usually next to nil.

PS, if you can do some 1/4 mile runs, I'd be very curious. ET and trap speed give a lot more info than 0-60 runs.

Bullishone, if the resonators don't do it for you, it's worth a shot going back to stock exhaust and keeping the DP's just to see. It'll get rid of the rasp and still sound plenty more aggressive than stock with those highflow DP's. The factory true dual setup flows more than enough to make shit loads of power.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

Tune is where 95% of all power comes. Intakes, exhausts, and other add ons only normally help after tunes are added. Often times exhausts and intakes will actually decrease HP without a tune, but not always. I can say this with some level of certainty because of years of dyno time! Dyno or timed races are the only real proof.