FTL ECOBOOST F150 vs ECOBOOST raptor drag race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good observation but it’s explainable.

They are testing in Colorado a full mile above sea level. No matter what you test up there will run slower than at sea level.

My raptor, with a tune... and some bolt ons... is plenty fast. I’m not complaining about that.

Its more just an interesting observation.

My last daily driver was a Chrysler based 5.7l hemi. For what it’s worth... it had less horsepower and torque by a long shot, but being naturally aspirated did produce extremely controllable, linear power that I’m sure is the experience with the 6.2. The turbo charged engine is a little twitchy stock or tuned which is fine on the street but I could see it being a little bit more challenging on say... a rock crawl. That is totally off topic though...

This. These guys "tested" the Raptor previously, and kept getting 6.3-6.8sec 0-60 times, about 1 whole second above what magazine/other testers got. They never mentioned what mode they used or tired, but, given the results, I assumed they were running it in the normal mode. Pretty weak effort on their part, IMO.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I ain't that flexible! Given how salty you and Smurfy McSmurface are about my post, I think we all know who's had a **** in their mouth. I know for sure Jennay got a **** in the mouth from some guy named Larry It.

Jennay ain't the fastest F150 and you guys don't like it- I totally understand why you are salty about it all. If you can just get over the fact that racing pickup trucks is totally ******* gay, then you won't be so teary eyed about it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Jesus, talk about whining. What are you, the ******* FRF policeman? If someone's head isn't deep up Jennay's ass, you got a problem with them. Pretty sure YOU are a common denominator in "pissing match" threads. I've stayed out of plenty of them that you were a part of. Glass houses and all.

I didn't crap on anything here. The original post said "Thoughts?". My thoughts after watching that were they both sound like ass. I posted my thoughts and Jennay's fans immediately jumped on the "but it's faster" bandwagon, which devolved everything into the shitfest that is this thread.

BTW, it was the 99 Cobras that were down on power. The only Cobras sold in 2000 were Cobra R's and some sold in Australia. If you are going to be a know it all, please, know it all.

Was it the 99? if so, ok then - ’99’s had less power than the previous 96-98(?) MY 4.6 SVT Mustangs.

I’ll counter with, what are you, the FRF criminal? there’s just a dedicated cadre of folks who simply cannot stay out of a thread without turning it into a “your gen 2 sucks because...” thread.

The thread is easy to follow, and really wasn’t doing much until you came in and made it a problem thread. So yes, if it falls on me to call out you for acting like a troll, so be it. You’re behaving like a troll. I’ve dropped no insult on you, I’ve not called you names or made any attempt to denigrate you or what you drive.

How many posts is enough to get your point across, that you don’t like the new truck and the reasons why? I’m just asking so we can understand if you’ll eventually drop it, or if we’re going to need to keep up these fun conversations drawing attention to the flat out rude behavior you’re happy to exhibit here.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I see the torches outside my window already ;-)

To be fair, I did say both “I think” and “IMO” so you so have a point and I acknowledge it. I do know we’re sporting more weight altogether and more weight at each wheel, but we’re also supposed to be up... what? 75 hp? and we have steeper gears. And yes, these are fleet trucks FLT were testing so it is possible they had different fuel, but I think that’s unlikely.

I’ll bet the regular F150 stops better too.

Still happy with my 2017 Raptor purchase.

A lot of people spend too much time wrapped up in dyno numbers and a specific acceleration time. This is like chasing muzzle velocity from your reloads. Sometimes you just have to accept a lower velocity load has better accuracy in the rifle you’re shooting, period. Push past peak accuracy to get that last few fps and sometimes your grouping goes to $hit.

So what if there’s another vehicle out there capable of more acceleration? who didn’t know that with the purchase of a 5700 pound truck? I’ll bet the SHO Taurus is faster too. But, as I taunted my BMW driving neighbor as we took a nearby speed bump at 45mph - “let’s see your ultimate driving machine do that”.

Burn the Witch!

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good observation but it’s explainable.

They are testing in Colorado a full mile above sea level. No matter what you test up there will run slower than at sea level.

My raptor, with a tune... and some bolt ons... is plenty fast. I’m not complaining about that.

Its more just an interesting observation.

Yeah, but look at the comments, etc... BO A STOCK F-150 BEAT UR $70K TRUCK!!! Just feeding fodder to the knucklehead Gen2 haters. I used to have bi-turbo Audi S4 years ago, so I know what altitude can do to specialized turbo cars, but still, this just looks bad.

It's not really great PR for Ford to have its exotic, limited edition supertruck get beat in a simple 0-60 drag race by its standard version, in any reasonable testing parameter. I know there lots of little, mostly cumulative reasons why it could happen, but it shouldn't, IMO. I'd still like to know what mode was used, etc., at launch. I really hope Ford didn't send "hot" ones for testing, but they've done so before. You shouldn't need bolt-ons and a tune for your supertruck to be super, or at least faster than a stocker.

Do you think Porsche or another performance car mfg would ever allow a cheaper model to beat a more expensive one? No way.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Exotic, limited edition, supertruck....:rofl:

Holy shit dude, it's not any of those things....It's a nice truck that's fast and has good suspension but it is not an exotic, limited edition, super truck, halo vehicle etc....
@Gilligan

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exotic, limited edition, supertruck....:rofl:

Holy shit dude, it's not any of those things....It's a nice truck that's fast and has good suspension but it is not an exotic, limited edition, super truck, halo vehicle etc....
@Gilligan

OK, you object to the descriptions, fine. Mea culpa. But how about the substance? What is it, if not at least a "Ford Performance" vehicle? You know, the replacement for SVT? It's not a Ford GT, but it's not a stripper/fleet vehicle either. Did I miss the XLT Assault course/program? It's a bad look, period, if true.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
OK, you object to the descriptions, fine. Mea culpa. But how about the substance? What is it, if not at least a "Ford Performance" vehicle? You know, the replacement for SVT? It's not a Ford GT, but it's not a stripper/fleet vehicle either. Did I miss the XLT Assault course/program? It's a bad look, period, if true.

I'll buy FoPo as a description, sure. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 12951

All I want to say is, “Damn, I wish my truck was about a second slower to 60 because I don’t need all this power off road”. Maybe that has something to do with why Ford “did it”.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s gotta be another drag video out there with these 2 trucks running good 93 fuel at a low altitude somewhere.. I mean it would prolly help settle some argument. One “experiment” that’s gives a certain result doesn’t mean every other experiment will produce the same result. I say let’s find some more videos or maybe have a little drag race for ourselves. I’m sure one of us knows someone with a 18 150 who’s willing to race! Haha

I mean isn’t it possible that they were both running 87 fuel, and since the raptor is probably tuned more aggressively then a standard eco boost if would suffer more with a lower grade fuel? I’m not sure if the numbers but does a normal ecoboost have less boost and compression ratio than a raptor? If so the raptor may be pulling back more timing relative to the stock 150 resulting in even worse performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: