Drag Race - Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO - You’ve given me some really good input on questions that I have asked on here. I didn’t build my truck to race. A stock raptor is supposed to run the 1/4 mile around 15.4 sec at 91 mph. I want to see how my truck compares.

I’ve spent a stupid amount of money on the performance side of my truck. I simply want to see how it performs.

Last year, on truck night, there was a farmer there in his hay truck. Still had the hay fork on his flat bed. He laid down a 12 second run with his stick shift. There will be a lot of those “one guys” at the track. If I break, many will jump in and help in any way that they can. If I break, I’ll build it back stronger.
You’re not kidding, you’ve certainly invested a lot. I’m glad to help where I can, and I hope tomorrow goes well for you! I was going to ask earlier (before the clown posts) if you have some kind of traction bar setup; leafs are terrible for axle stability, and that’s both Gen 1 & 2. I’m jealous or the Gen 3 5 link myself.

Let us know how you do!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironic. “Retarded”?? “Living under a rock?” Says the guy whose life is literally both.

The “oil pump issue” was your fault, not engine or truck. You slapped a supercharger on to an N/A engine and blew it up. Twice. Or is it 3 times now? Why can’t you take accountability for anything?

@TwizzleStix…@smurfslayer for your entertainment…

Shattered oil pumps don’t melt pistons; the bottom end will fail well before the top end ever has the chance to get that hot. A “seized” engine is a blown up one; you’re making a mockery of yourself as usual. You blew an oil pump up and locked up the first bus engine, you melted down a piston the second time and the 3rd time you ran what, a 15? You’re a fool at best, and I’ve even tried to be nice is the threads where you try and “help” people by posting irrelevant information, but forget that. Next time I’ll call you out for the clown that you are.
Talking out of that hole you sit on as always, making things up.
Go back to your parts and shop manuals, you're good at that but nothing else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - I do have RPG traction bars. Never really adjusted them since I had them put on. With how they are set, I don’t have any wheel hop or axle wrap.

Truck night is 7/22. I’ll post videos and my best time slip.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deflate rear tires down to 32lbs on 1st pass. If spin then go down 10 more lbs plus tach it up to 1800 rpm then mash it

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I said that I’d go and I did.

1st launch - horrible. 4hi and launched at about 1800 rpm. Back started to bounce so bad that I thought I broke something. Somehow that threw it into limp mode. Made it back around, cleared the codes and all seemed okay.

Made a 2nd pass in 2wd and still got the hop. I got on it pretty good once I got into 2nd. Ended with a 14.9 @ 103. 2.9 sec 60’. Pitiful. BUT - nothing broke and I drove 2.5 hrs back home. We did haul it on a trailer there for insurance.

Turn up the audio on the 2nd pass and the truck sounds good. I’m not going to make it a regular habit, but if I can get the wheel hood figured out, I’ll try again.

Stock springs
RPG traction bars

I have never adjusted the traction bars. I’d say I need to look into that. Any suggestions on that?

If I have the traction bars adjusted properly, is the wheel hop still a thing with stock springs?

How much of the wheel hop is attributed to the stock springs? My options there? Deaver +3’s or add spring with icons? I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks all.

Saw one rat rod diesel run a 9.0 flat and several diesels get into the 9’s.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, stock springs suck.
But the way the rear is bouncing up and down that much, I'd say your shocks are not up to par.

I did mention that doing a brake stand on a SC Gen 1 doesn't work.