Drag Race - Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Gumby Man I always have fun going to the drag strip. I always learn something - Good or bad. My front end is pretty solid. Blitz UCA, fresh bushing on LCA, Fox 3.0 DSC Gen 2 shocks, and Blitz tie rod kit. I'm going to do some research and see how to adjust the RPG traction bars. I assumed they were adjusted because I hook so well from about 20 mph and up. For the rear, I have the Fox 3.0 Factory Series 11.48in. External Bypass P/B.

@MTF - The rear shocks have about 2500 miles on them. The bad - They have leaked a slight amount of oil since I put them on. I filed a claim with FOX, but got cold shouldered. I have my OEM shocks, but they would need a rebuild. The rear 3.0's are to hold me over until I upgrade to the bed rack and a set of Fox 3.5's or I'm leaning toward King 4.0's now. But in the meantime, I may send the shocks to TSW for reconditioning. Any suggestions there? I lean towards the kings because I have adjusted the rears a 100 different ways with HC and LC settings. It's still rough.

What are my options on the springs? Icon or Deavers? The OEM springs look so light duty compared to the deaver +3's. My truck is pretty level now with the shock upgrades. If I go to the deaver +3 or +4, will that jack my rear up more? How do I level the front after that?

So many questions. Thanks in advance. I sure appreciate the input and one day, I will have one slick Gen 1 Raptor. I'm getting there, but still got a ways to go.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tranny fluid? Maybe I’m being dense, but why would that happen? Built tranny from MS Racing.
Nah just jokes. I have seen a lot of ppl break rear ends and trannys from launches. Glad your truck is built ford tough.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Gumby Man I always have fun going to the drag strip. I always learn something - Good or bad. My front end is pretty solid. Blitz UCA, fresh bushing on LCA, Fox 3.0 DSC Gen 2 shocks, and Blitz tie rod kit. I'm going to do some research and see how to adjust the RPG traction bars. I assumed they were adjusted because I hook so well from about 20 mph and up. For the rear, I have the Fox 3.0 Factory Series 11.48in. External Bypass P/B.

@MTF - The rear shocks have about 2500 miles on them. The bad - They have leaked a slight amount of oil since I put them on. I filed a claim with FOX, but got cold shouldered. I have my OEM shocks, but they would need a rebuild. The rear 3.0's are to hold me over until I upgrade to the bed rack and a set of Fox 3.5's or I'm leaning toward King 4.0's now. But in the meantime, I may send the shocks to TSW for reconditioning. Any suggestions there? I lean towards the kings because I have adjusted the rears a 100 different ways with HC and LC settings. It's still rough.

What are my options on the springs? Icon or Deavers? The OEM springs look so light duty compared to the deaver +3's. My truck is pretty level now with the shock upgrades. If I go to the deaver +3 or +4, will that jack my rear up more? How do I level the front after that?

So many questions. Thanks in advance. I sure appreciate the input and one day, I will have one slick Gen 1 Raptor. I'm getting there, but still got a ways to go.
There is a little adjustments you can do with the RPG and Rogue Racing traction bars.
You can adjust the front eyelet bolt in to shorten the length, but if you go hard off roading, then the front eyelet needs to be in the center of articulation of the hanger bracket from the frame.
Then there is the dump pad on the rear of the traction bars, there you can adjust the pad out wards to close the gap between the back of the bars and the rear plate on the rear bracket.
You will need larger fender washers to add behind the bump pad and Loctite for the threads.

You need Deavers or Icons, both are very good, the + is ride height, +2 with Deavers is stock ride height.
+3 is an inch higher + 4, I believe is 1 1/2 to 2" higher. Icons, I believe are the same.
I do not own them, so my knowledge is limited when it comes to Icons.
Then you have a choice of SD or HD, both Deavers and Icons. Icons, gives you an extra leaf to add in the leaf pack to make HD.
I went with the +2 HD+ which was custom built for me, because at the time there weren't any TC bars available at that time.
And it didn't help with wheel hop anyway, until I got the traction bars.
Now, I wish I would have ordered the SD, because the HD are a little stiff and I don't go off-roading or pull a trailer.

Mid-perch on the front shocks will level the truck out with stock ride height rear springs.
Top perch is not recommended as it puts too much angle on the front shafts.

Last edited: