Ford Performance Sport Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two trucks definitely had exhaust - white and avalanche gray. Don’t remember the truck numbers but they were louder than stock and one w/ chrome tips and other polish black w/ a ford stamp.

Yeah, they specifically pointed them out to us in our class. You could tell a difference.

Calabro

Reaction score
I’m heading out to the class in Aug . A bit of time away I will try to record them. Can’t wait is it worth it guys. Is there anything you can recommend to do or request so on and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m heading out to the class in Aug . A bit of time away I will try to record them. Can’t wait is it worth it guys. Is there anything you can recommend to do or request so on and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out there 2 weeks ago and had a blast!!! Dress comfortable, drink a lot of water, and soak up all the info they give you. The four instructors has a ton of experience. Another member here did a nice extensive write up of the class.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful... Many here buy these aftermarket exhaust systems only to realize it's worse than stock. Most here have gone back to stock. They also asked for a "quieter" muffler which Jesse@MBRP has now. They offer their sleeper system which has a nice performance gain too.

I was one of them. Bought the Ford Performance Sport exhaust and I just could not stand the droning when cruising on the highway. Went back to stock.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch77 lives on!

We missed the trolling. I love that he whipped out a New name!

When are you going to bust out the Walker Quiet Flow Ss exhaust???

Be careful... Many here buy these aftermarket exhaust systems only to realize it's worse than stock. Most here have gone back to stock. They also asked for a "quieter" muffler which Jesse@MBRP has now. They offer their sleeper system which has a nice performance gain too.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of them. Bought the Ford Performance Sport exhaust and I just could not stand the droning when cruising on the highway. Went back to stock.

What do you consider drone? I have never heard a Borla cat back system ever drone on any vehicle I have had them on. On top of that my understanding is that FP also specifically added their own touches to insure no drone.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Borla systems can exhibit some drone at certain RPMs. It doesn't bother most, but the tone and rasp of the Borla systems have caused some folks to later add the Borla Resonator to their systems. Although the numbers are few.

This is the first time I've heard of drone with the Ford Performance systems, so that is surprising.

We work with Borla and Ford Performance so please let us know if anyone has additional questions!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick

That’s because there isn’t any drone when properly installed.

The Borla systems can exhibit some drone at certain RPMs. It doesn't bother most, but the tone and rasp of the Borla systems have caused some folks to later add the Borla Resonator to their systems. Although the numbers are few.

This is the first time I've heard of drone with the Ford Performance systems, so that is surprising.

We work with Borla and Ford Performance so please let us know if anyone has additional questions!

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you consider drone? I have never heard a Borla cat back system ever drone on any vehicle I have had them on. On top of that my understanding is that FP also specifically added their own touches to insure no drone.

I do a lot of highway driving and for me the drone was bad enough I took it off. I will compare it to the Corsa Sport which is getting installed this Friday. Corsa also have their special no drone touches...we'll see if it actually works. :shrug: