Anyone have transmission miss gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has happen only in sport mode usually third or fourth gear like misses the gear redlines and you have to back off on the throttle to get it to shift . This was happening in the stock set up and recently upgraded and tuned and it just happened again today . Is anyone else experiencing something like this ?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was bouncing off the rev limiter until you let of? I am not in sports mode often enough to see this. Check tranny fluid level?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It has happen only in sport mode usually third or fourth gear like misses the gear redlines and you have to back off on the throttle to get it to shift . This was happening in the stock set up and recently upgraded and tuned and it just happened again today . Is anyone else experiencing something like this ?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re describing

is it holding the gear painfully long and refusing to upshift? Or does it seemingly try to upshift and you lose forward drive? like you’re in neutral.

Sport will sometimes try to do your thinking for you and hold the gear thinking “yeah, he’s gonna get on it again, no sense upshifting.”

pay no attention to the piece of $hit sasquatch77, he/she’s been hanging out in a remote shack authoring an anti-ecoboost manifesto.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build date 4/17, that's what's on sicker and such...but strange when I looked up online during the process it was should build date in August.

I have felt the hangs and such which now the tune shift 110% better in sport. But before tune and now after is has missed the gear when I say miss I mean like hits neutral and u coasts...it hit almost 6300+last night. I think tune takes some of the stuff up to 6200. It catches you offguard because you're pinning it and then it missed and rpms max. Not good.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Build date 4/17, that's what's on sicker and such...but strange when I looked up online during the process it was should build date in August.

I have felt the hangs and such which now the tune shift 110% better in sport. But before tune and now after is has missed the gear when I say miss I mean like hits neutral and u coasts...it hit almost 6300+last night. I think tune takes some of the stuff up to 6200. It catches you offguard because you're pinning it and then it missed and rpms max. Not good.

You have a dealer issue here, something is definitely wrong.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hate to take it in, threw 1 codes today P061A. Let's let them test drive it pinned until it happens...never happens when you want to show the dealer.