ADD Intercooler and Relo Kit Compared to Whipple Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockafella

Reaction score
Anyone have any real world data as to how the subject intercoolers compare against one another?

I know the whipple mega cooler fits in the stock location and the ADD kit installs their intercooler much higher; but curious as to which one is larger and if anyone has actually gone from one to the other and can provide thoughts, etc...

Heck, has anyone installed both units and can you provide feedback as to their size, etc...

Is it possible to relocate the whipple mega cooler using ADD's relocation kit?

Sorry for the questions, search came up w/ discussions of each, but not in comparison to each other.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ADD seems bigger and is in a MUCH better spot. With intercoolers, the height dimension is the most important, more important than length or depth. I'm sure you could find the cubic in of each unit...

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ADD seems bigger and is in a MUCH better spot. With intercoolers, the height dimension is the most important, more important than length or depth. I'm sure you could find the cubic in of each unit...

The ADD is also now located directly in front of the AC, radiator, tranny cooler, engine oil cooler? Ford took that heat source and set it up to dump down and away for a reason. I'm not sure the relocation is an improvement, especially considering they know the hard core types want a winch embedded in the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ADD is also now located directly in front of the AC, radiator, tranny cooler, engine oil cooler? Ford took that heat source and set it up to dump down and away for a reason. I'm not sure the relocation is an improvement, especially considering they know the hard core types want a winch embedded in the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's most certainly an improvement for the intercooler... more airflow.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my tune and datalogging I am def in need of an intercooler. Wow those IAT climb quick!
Def the top 2 on my list. Subed for more info on a comparison.
Both companies are really good at what they do and curious as to why each went with a different locations.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda a catch 22 cause while you need cooler IAT you need air flow to keep the truck cooler. Dont understand why some of these companies wont schedule some wind tunnel time and do some temp compares.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda a catch 22 cause while you need cooler IAT you need air flow to keep the truck cooler. Dont understand why some of these companies wont schedule some wind tunnel time and do some temp compares.

Because wind tunnel rental time is expensive I assume. They use the ideas that have worked in the past.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because wind tunnel rental time is expensive I assume. They use the ideas that have worked in the past.

Eh sure its got a cost associated but you need to prove your equipment. Using ideas from the past can work but they dont have the data to say if its damaging things in the long run. Setting up a vehicle is the big cost once set up you rent the tunnel grab data and analyze it. If they came out with this setup saying we have no change on inner underhood temps with this setup the sale would be much higher. Considering the ADD setup is already 3k I would pay a extra price for knowing im not doing doing damage because of the relocation.

FULL RACE INTER COOLER

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter