Stall While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
Hey fellas...new 2017 Raptor owner with 5k miles. Installed pedal commander couple of days ago and truck has been running like a champ. Went to get get first oil change and tires rotated today (no dealer) then went directly next store to a self serve car wash. All was good, then suddenly while driving down the road at low speed, I got an error saying something like "vehicle not in park". The truck then stalled. Then the truck kept stopping and starting itself over and over. Every time I managed to get it started for a few seconds, it would stall again then start and stop over and over. Managed to make it back to the service place to check out the code. It seems like the truck thinks I'm stopped and does the auto stop start over and over.

Anyone had this? Could this be the PC?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Hey fellas...new 2017 Raptor owner with 5k miles. Installed pedal commander couple of days ago and truck has been running like a champ. Went to get get first oil change and tires rotated today (no dealer) then went directly next store to a self serve car wash. All was good, then suddenly while driving down the road at low speed, I got an error saying something like "vehicle not in park". The truck then stalled. Then the truck kept stopping and starting itself over and over. Every time I managed to get it started for a few seconds, it would stall again then start and stop over and over. Managed to make it back to the service place to check out the code. It seems like the truck thinks I'm stopped and does the auto stop start over and over.

Anyone had this? Could this be the PC?

Sounds like similar issues people have been having with the pedal commander. Take it off and see if it goes back to normal. If it does wait for the update that's getting worked on for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that happens, would you be able to press the auto stop disable button and drive it?

OP
OP
C

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
Sounds like similar issues people have been having with the pedal commander. Take it off and see if it goes back to normal. If it does wait for the update that's getting worked on for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I couldn't find anything on this. Turns out it was a throttle response error. Took PC off and back to normal. WTF. I sprung for this thing after all the positive hoopla. I'll search the other PC thread for more info.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's worked flawlessly. I haven't heard anything about a PC issue, only the BoostMax.

OP
OP
C

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
Thanks. I couldn't find anything on this. Turns out it was a throttle response error. Took PC off and back to normal. WTF. I sprung for this thing after all the positive hoopla. I'll search the other PC thread for more info.

Ok, I can't find squat on any PC issues and associated update. Where can I find this top secret info?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t remember any PC issues posted, other than the pricing $hit show.

I think there were some other products that had some issues.

That said, it’s an easy test, make sure the pc harness is seated fully, retest, if it still happens, remove PC and retest. I think someone did have a loose connection at the throttle but I’m a little hazy on that.

I haven’t seen the not in park issue before.