Parts Hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer and he told me my Raptor I ordered says “in production,” but no VIN has been assigned yet because there is a hold on production because of a parts hold. Anyone hear of this? Wonder what it means...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did you order carbon fiber, or beat lock capable wheels?
if so, yes these will delay a lot of orders.

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Now I’m told my truck shows as scheduled for production, but does not have a VIN assigned yet. So annoying because I placed the order over a month ago.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m told my truck shows as scheduled for production, but does not have a VIN assigned yet. So annoying because I placed the order over a month ago.

Relax Daniel San....you will have VIN in 2 week or less. You will have truck 1 month after. I wait 6 month...good truck come to tho who wait

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There was an alleged parts hold on our 2018 order due to the CF interior, but we never noticed any real sort of delay. Truck showed up a week early. Hopefully it's a false alarm and they get it all fixed up for you soon!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, alright thanks. Why did you have to wait so long?

I was just towards the end of my dealers allocation for the year so I had to wait my turn in line. A dealer can take your $, build one and hold it for X weeks or months before Ford pulls it or it can be pulled the next day.

Once the order is pulled from the dealer by Ford for production a VIN follows. You should have one in a week or two. A week or so after you get your VIN call Ford Performance and they will tell you the build date and estimated delivery to dealer date.