Parts Hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
I was just towards the end of my dealers allocation for the year so I had to wait my turn in line. A dealer can take your $, build one and hold it for X weeks or months before Ford pulls it or it can be pulled the next day.

Once the order is pulled from the dealer by Ford for production a VIN follows. You should have one in a week or two. A week or so after you get your VIN call Ford Performance and they will tell you the build date and estimated delivery to dealer date.

My dealer told me that they had an allocation and that it got pulled for production shortly after I placed the order, but then it’s been a few weeks of no VIN, delay, etc., so I have no clue what’s going on.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me that they had an allocation and that it got pulled for production shortly after I placed the order, but then it’s been a few weeks of no VIN, delay, etc., so I have no clue what’s going on.

They lie to you just to suck you in i was told the same thing when i ordered my gen1 then i waited 7 months to get it

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I recall the spray in bedliner causing delays when people were ordering 17's. In addition to the beadlocks and carbon fiber already mentioned. Something about Ford outsourcing the application of spray in bedliners. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having been to the factory the trucks come down the line unsprayed.

They get finished, gets decals, get final alignment thats just for a Raptor and go out the door finished in 20 or so hrs, per the guy giving the tour.

Then they get in line for the spray in bed liner, and he said thats a couple day delay before its really done.

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Just checked with the dealer today and my build is showing “Scheduled to Week,” but my sales guy wasn’t able to tell me the date of the week or the VIN. He said he is going to try to get me this info., because, apparently, his system doesn’t show it. It’s an Autonation and I guess they have one guy in the region that has access to the additional info. :disgust:

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just checked with the dealer today and my build is showing “Scheduled to Week,” but my sales guy wasn’t able to tell me the date of the week or the VIN. He said he is going to try to get me this info., because, apparently, his system doesn’t show it. It’s an Autonation and I guess they have one guy in the region that has access to the additional info. :disgust:

Have you tried calling Ford Performance directly with your VIN or Order Number?

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
What they told you isn't completely true. Once the unit shows scheduled it gives you what production week it is getting built. Now it isn't quite as easy as one would think in that the production week doesn't tell u a date just a production week as scheduled by Ford. Maybe what he meant was he didn't know what date was associated with that week. If you can find out what production week it shows I can confirm the dates for you. A friend of mine that used to work for me still works at a Ford dealer and he has access to the production calendar.

The dealer may not have the vin yet. Sometimes the system is a bit glitchy and doesn't show the vin right away upon scheduling.

Sorry for your frustration, at least you are moving closer. My order placed 12/20 is still showing unscheduled/clean[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
What they told you isn't completely true. Once the unit shows scheduled it gives you what production week it is getting built. Now it isn't quite as easy as one would think in that the production week doesn't tell u a date just a production week as scheduled by Ford. Maybe what he meant was he didn't know what date was associated with that week. If you can find out what production week it shows I can confirm the dates for you. A friend of mine that used to work for me still works at a Ford dealer and he has access to the production calendar.

The dealer may not have the vin yet. Sometimes the system is a bit glitchy and doesn't show the vin right away upon scheduling.

Sorry for your frustration, at least you are moving closer. My order placed 12/20 is still showing unscheduled/clean[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate it. I called Ford Performance with my VIN and they confirmed for me that I am scheduled for the week of April 9. A lot longer than I thought I would have to wait (ordered 1/8), but glad there is an end in sight.