Fuel grade required for the 2nd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep.

To recap, here's the only text that really matters: "For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer."

FRF - where the village idiots will be happy to debate you on what the definition of is is.

:lol2:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep.

To recap, here's the only text that really matters: "For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer."

FRF - where the village idiots will be happy to debate you on what the definition of is is.

I agree with above 100%

But just to be complete should have added this from the Ford manual....

"Your vehicle is designed to operate on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87."

Also, could add that many drivers do not haul/tow in hot weather and see absolutely NO difference in performance when using 87 so spending more on 91 is wasteful but may make you feel smarter than others.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with above 100%

But just to be complete should have added this from the Ford manual....

"Your vehicle is designed to operate on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87."

Also, could add that many drivers do not haul/tow in hot weather and see absolutely NO difference in performance when using 87 so spending more on 91 is wasteful but may make you feel smarter than others.

FRF, where the village idiot thinks he should he able to edit Ford's owner's manual based on his feelings.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FRF, where the village idiot thinks he should he able to edit Ford's owner's manual based on his feelings.

what I put in quotes is straight from Ford, but I wouldnt be surprised if ignoring it makes you feel smarter

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the OM...

"For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer.

Do not be concerned if the engine sometimes knocks lightly."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fuel & Refueling.jpg
    Fuel & Refueling.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what I put in quotes is straight from Ford, but I wouldnt be surprised if ignoring it makes you feel smarter

Yes but you also put in what you think should be added, all based on your feelings.

You think your feels are better than Ford's engineering.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yep.

To recap today’s developments in this thread:

@Truckzor posts incomplete portion of Ford documentation.

@df4801 corrects @Truckzor, respectfully and politely, to which @Truckzor responds by referring to @df4801 as “FRF village idiot”.

@WhatExit then goes all factual on us and posts excerpts from the manual.

#factsarestubbornthings

did I miss anything?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To recap today’s developments in this thread:

@Truckzor posts incomplete portion of Ford documentation.

@df4801 corrects @Truckzor, respectfully and politely, to which @Truckzor responds by referring to @df4801 as “FRF village idiot”.

@WhatExit then goes all factual on us and posts excerpts from the manual.

#factsarestubbornthings

did I miss anything?

I posted the section of the manual that was relevant to the issue.

Let's definitely stick to facts.

Fact - Ford recommends 91 because it gives the highest performance.

Continuing to debate this fact based on your feelings makes you a village idiot.

#facts

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I posted the section of the manual that was relevant to the issue.

Let's definitely stick to facts.

Fact - Ford recommends 91 because it gives the highest performance.

Continuing to debate this fact based on your feelings makes you a village idiot.

#facts

Please do, enlighten the rest of the unwashed masses.

what exactly is the title of this thread?