Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxcap

Reaction score
Forscan help in NY

I live up by Bear Mtn.. and happy to pay it forward and help anyone near by.

I'm by no means an expert, but did perform most of the mods on my Raptor as per 11/5/17 sheet, and they worked perfectly (except for initially missing heated steering wheel icon, that was corrected as per earlier post). Thanks to all for making the video and instructions, so easy to follow for a laymen.

Just let me know.

Sken

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll help you guys out but I’m in Long Island .let me know

That would be great I’m actually in NY area often i work in the city so one day or weekend if when you are free that would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway via forscan to get the outside temp to appear all the time (in the dash screens maybe??)

I usually drive in Carplay (maps/spotify) and it's a bummer you can't see the outside temp without going completely out and back to Sync.

Morn

Reaction score
Is there anyway via forscan to get the outside temp to appear all the time (in the dash screens maybe??)

I usually drive in Carplay (maps/spotify) and it's a bummer you can't see the outside temp without going completely out and back to Sync.

This is one reason why I stopped using CarPlay. I use Waze and Spotify, and I've found I can stick with Sync and use my mounted phone's screen for the map and audio selection. In addition, Waze/Spotify made it easier with integration between the two apps where I can one-touch "Resume Playing" from Waze

All that said, I do wish the outside Temp would display in the main dash cluster instead of in Sync. Pretty sure Forscan can't help with that.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
This is one reason why I stopped using CarPlay. I use Waze and Spotify, and I've found I can stick with Sync and use my mounted phone's screen for the map and audio selection. In addition, Waze/Spotify made it easier with integration between the two apps where I can one-touch "Resume Playing" from Waze

All that said, I do wish the outside Temp would display in the main dash cluster instead of in Sync. Pretty sure Forscan can't help with that.

How do you get Waze and your Spotify to work at the same time? I am using Waze and tried to get iHeart Radio to play but unable to make it work. Using Android Auto for Waze. Samsung G8 is my phone.

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get Waze and your Spotify to work at the same time? I am using Waze and tried to get iHeart Radio to play but unable to make it work. Using Android Auto for Waze. Samsung G8 is my phone.

I know on iOS with the latest version of Waze, spotify will pop up in the corner/top of the screen so you can play/change music without ever leaving Waze.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Agreed. I've been a waze user for years and was getting used to Apple maps (really only missing cop/accident reporting). However something as simple as the outside temp not showing blows.

I think the outside temp shows on the gauge screen on my wife's 2017 Explorer Platinum.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys are getting "incompatible configuration" (or some wording to that effect) errors trying to write certain values at 726-50-01 for the DRL, write this value first: 726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx and then write the value at 726-50-01.

726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx - this will allow you to write any of the DRL values at 726-50-01

Thanks!!