Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv,

I have this weird "battery voltage too low. expected: 11.6 actual: 11.5" problem. I am trying to overwrite the HSWM to turn up the heat, forscan connects and reads everything just fine, but stubbornly refuses to let me enter into read/write mode and throws the voltage error.

I had this problem earlier too when I was making other changes (lincoln mirrors, powerpoint timeout, seatbelt chime disable etc.) but I just waited till after driving the car to try again and it always worked.

Now, it throws the voltage error every time I try. When I am trying to make these changes, I have lights off and AC off as well, so not sure what could be drawing power. Truck has always started fine, auto start/stop always works so I don't think there is actually a low battery situation. I wonder if forscan or adapter is just reading voltage incorrectly.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Yeah either use a battery charger or just start the engine. Having the engine running when programming isn't good practice and shouldn't be done if you're programming BCM but I've done it with just about every other module during summertime when it was 100+ degrees outside and I needed A/C running to survive lol.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah either use a battery charger or just start the engine. Having the engine running when programming isn't good practice and shouldn't be done if you're programming BCM but I've done it with just about every other module during summertime when it was 100+ degrees outside and I needed A/C running to survive lol.

Thanks Liv, that's good to know. I just reprogrammed the HSWM with engine running and set temp to 94. It didn't seem to make a big difference though. Oh well.

Have you found any new cool tricks for the Gen 2s? I keep checking your spreadsheet often to see if you added any new codes.

Thanks for your hard work and continued support for all of us.

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing ACM in the list. Anyone have any advice?

You need to be a little more specific than that. How about a picture of the modules it is showing you or list them out? What adapter are you using to connect?

Turbolag

Reaction score
Hi Liv, thanks for your spreadsheet. I've been able to get everything I want working except the reverse tilt mirrors to work. The left or right mirror will tilt backwards when the left or right mirror are selected and the truck is put in reverse. They don't appear to be able to tilt simultaneously however. Is that the way they are suppose to work? Is there a way to make gen both tilt down with just the truck in reverse without selecting a mirror first. I have tried to follow the calibration instructions as best I can. Interestingly, when I have he truck in reverse and toggle between left and right mirrors one will go down and the other will come up. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Liv, thanks for your spreadsheet. I've been able to get everything I want working except the reverse tilt mirrors to work. The left or right mirror will tilt backwards when the left or right mirror are selected and the truck is put in reverse. They don't appear to be able to tilt simultaneously however. Is that the way they are suppose to work? Is there a way to make gen both tilt down with just the truck in reverse without selecting a mirror first. I have tried to follow the calibration instructions as best I can. Interestingly, when I have he truck in reverse and toggle between left and right mirrors one will go down and the other will come up. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Only one mirror will tilt depending on which you select prior to going in to reverse. I find it easier to just program memory position 3 to both mirrors tilted down if I feel like using it. I'm not using the reverse tilt personally and the calibration was an absolute headache when I did it on mine.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are so right xxaarraa, I have used mine 3 times in 2 weeks, It's like I can't makeup my mind on what I like and don't like.

If anybody in Oregon wants to make some changes I would be more than willing to help out.

Agree. Turned several things on and off a few times....still not sure.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

...., but the dash shows the A with the line through it

It only shows the A with a line through it when the truck would normally try to engage auto stop.....like when at stop light....when you are moving or say in Sport, then it does not show for me.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First....OUTSTANDING documentation in the master spreadsheet by Livnitup! Wow a lot of work!

So being paranoid, I read the tutorial, the spreadsheet, and all 39 pages of this thread. I took the spreadsheet from Livnitup and made copy of the first tab to use to track my changes. I hid rows that were not applicable to me or my Raptor, and I edited some of the notes to help me remember things better. Biggest thing I did was add a column and before making a change, I wrote down the original values. That proved handy as I changes couple of things back to stock along the way and I did not have to restore all of the original module settings.

So after making all the backups....crazy if you don't....I started making the changes. All went very smooth.

Attached a screenshot of what I changed and how I recorded original values. Thought some might want to do something similar.

Good luck....actually you don't need much luck if you just follow the instructions. :biggrin:

Hamster Raptor Changes.jpg

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ I made a similar cheat sheet... mainly to quickly change it back to factory should I visit a dealer, etc.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ I made a similar cheat sheet... mainly to quickly change it back to factory should I visit a dealer, etc.

I don't plan to revert to factory on dealer visit, but if I was then I would restore the 6 modules I changed as that would be quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter