Dealership Review---Laurel Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to give a big thank you to Jim Muse @ Laurel Ford in Laurel, Montana. I responded when he posted on the forums originally back in May/June about ordering a 2018 @ MSRP. Placed order on 6/23, and after a very long wait picked it up last week. Small town dealer. The dealership looks like a big log cabin. The entire process was simple as can be. Finance did not grind on me to buy anything extra. They are very close to the Billings airport, so I was able to fly in, buy, and drive home to Denver in a day. Thank Jim. Build thread to come....

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
J

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed the order on 6/23. I was the 3rd or 4th in line at the dealership. Order was pulled 10/31, vin# on 11/2. Truck was built on 12/18 and arrived at dealership early January.

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looks great. I am west of Denver and I went to Dallas to buy. The dealers in Denver are truly retarded lead by AutoNation Ford. The word retarded used. only to illustrate point and no offense is meant.

mashir

Reaction score
Nice. Looks great. I am west of Denver and I went to Dallas to buy. The dealers in Denver are truly retarded lead by AutoNation Ford. The word retarded used. only to illustrate point and no offense is meant.

Agreed, I'm starting to look at prices in Denver and everyone is still way over MSRP. It's interesting that some big dealers here have a ton of stock - Phil Long Ford has 50 accoring to their website!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my 2017 Raptor from Jim Muse at Laurel Ford at MSRP. And I traded in my 2014 Jeep JKUR and got a great price as well.

I can't say enough good things about Jim Muse and the Laurel Ford team. Great people to do business with (and Laurel, MT is a beautiful place as is their amazing log cabin dealership).

We drove the Jeep up there and drove home in the Raptor and had a great vacation on the way stopping in Bryce Canyon and Zion. It was a great experience all around.

And if you're looking for a fair deal on a Raptor or other Ford, Jim Muse and the folks at Laurel Ford are the ones who will make that happen.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Agreed, I'm starting to look at prices in Denver and everyone is still way over MSRP. It's interesting that some big dealers here have a ton of stock - Phil Long Ford has 50 accoring to their website!

Have you tried to negotiate with them? Sometimes an email to the sales manager is a good start. Something along the lines of: I am interested in a Raptor and I'm willing to pay up to MSRP. Contact me by phone if you're ready to sell 1 of the 50 you have in stock.

If they respond with a no, it'll be X amount over msrp. Respond with a link to this guy's post about going to Montana rather than staying local.

I find it hard to believe a dealership believes they are going to be selling that many Raptors over msrp two years into a vehicle's existence and don't think they would pass up an msrp deal with that much inventory

Last edited:

mashir

Reaction score
Have you tried to negotiate with them? Sometimes an email to the sales manager is a good start. Something along the lines of: I am interested in a Raptor and I'm willing to pay up to MSRP. Contact me by phone if you're ready to sell 1 of the 50 you have in stock.

If they respond with a no, it'll be X amount over msrp. Respond with a link to this guy's post about going to Montana rather than staying local.

I find it hard to believe a dealership believes they are going to be selling that many Raptors over msrp two years into a vehicle's existence and don't think they would pass up an msrp deal with that much inventory

Hey ThugHunter, good advice. I have mostly just been cold-calling to see where people's quoted prices are. This approach makes sense though, especially in this instance.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed, i'm starting to look at prices in denver and everyone is still way over msrp. It's interesting that some big dealers here have a ton of stock - phil long ford has 50 accoring to their website!

as many raptors as lariats what gives thats some serious money in inventory?