AERO6-DM Direct-Mount Truck Front Brake Kit- 2020 Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick review of my install and initial impressions of the AERO6 Front kit from Wilwood.

Installation:

Overall, not bad. Pretty straight forward. The install video on the link below is on a different year as the body mount for the OEM brake line is in a different location. I wasn't great at taking a bunch of pictures but the video on their site shows the install pretty much as it goes.

Biggest snag I ran into was the driver's side brake line thread was partially crushed at the very bottom. Had to use a thread dye/tap kit m10-1.5 but because of the limited space had to use it by hand and got lucky to clean it up enough to get it to thread to the adapter provided by Wilwood.

The retaining clips to the brake lines are a big pain to get back in because of the angle on my production year, if you have it like the one in the video it would be MUCH easier.

IMG_2679.jpeg

IMG_2757.jpeg

IMG_2758.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2761.jpeg

Overall, for the price you can't beat it. Bleeding wasn't hard with a friend.

They stop great, but keep in mind my only reference is street use hard stops and daily driving. We will see how they do when I tow. I don't have any other references than that they do grab really well and will throw you. I presume a set of new pads and SS lines would do the same but having 6 pistons helps. The kit is overall much lighter than the OEM front brakes as well. I couldn't find the OEM or Wilwood weight specs but once I loaded everything into the Wilwood box, FML It was MUCH heavier than when loaded with the Wilwood components. Anyway, thank you to @Nick@Apollo-Optics for great pricing on this kit and great customer service as always. I am very happy with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kalel

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Vorsteiner’s make them seem small but minimum clearance listed is 17s. Not sure if there are some specific 17s that would/ wouldn’t fit but something to consider for those with off road wheels.
IMG_2773.jpeg
IMG_2794.jpeg
IMG_2786.jpeg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pictures look great and I appreciate you sharing them along with the install tips! The brake lines are always a pain on these trucks. My theory is that Ford is using some sort of power tool for the fitment and >50% of the time they're cross-threaded during manufacturing. I'm glad you were able to get it to work and are happy with the results!

If anyone else is in the market, feel free to reach out here at Apollo and I'll be happy to help get you dialed in!

Ford Raptor Wilwood AERO6-DM Big Brake Kit from Apollo Optics!

pavendort

Reaction score
Pictures look great and I appreciate you sharing them along with the install tips! The brake lines are always a pain on these trucks. My theory is that Ford is using some sort of power tool for the fitment and >50% of the time they're cross-threaded during manufacturing. I'm glad you were able to get it to work and are happy with the results!

If anyone else is in the market, feel free to reach out here at Apollo and I'll be happy to help get you dialed in!

Ford Raptor Wilwood AERO6-DM Big Brake Kit from Apollo Optics!
Are these likely to fit under the stock beadlock rims?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter