Wilwood Aero 6 Brake Kit at Hammer Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put around 5K miles on this kit on my Gen 1, and it was a great improvement, will be doing to my Gen 3 as well….

CVP33

Reaction score
I done reading on this. Structural straight is fine. But the drilling of the holes cause micro fractures. Some expensive for foreign cars cast the holes in the rotors which help. Beveling of the holes also has provided some help. Still an issue. Interesting to me.
Yeah I was gonna say that if you cast the rotor with the holes, they are less prone to cracking. Drilling them, as you said, introduces micro cracks that if only really street drive, cause little issue - it's at the track where the issues become big bad and ugly.
Likely a big difference in dimpled (cast) versus drilled. The DBA rings on my bench were for my ZL1 1LE. These are dimpled. BTW, this is what your garage becomes when you road race. You wait for rotors to go on sale in the winter and then buy 6 at a time. Terrible disease (road racing). I can quit whenever I want (is what I’ve been saying for 20 years). LOL

IMG_0139.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: