GEN 2 Dealers Selling @ MSRP or Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealers are willing to sell at invoice that means they are selling below MSRP.

Gotcha... to me that is appropriate for the "near invoice" thread. This thread seems to be more appropriate for the "near MSRP" deals. Two different deals with two very different price points... [splitting hairs here...]

OP
OP
Robtor310

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine for MSRP from TEAM FORD in Vegas, if anyone is interested call Dennis Carroll
702-499-1903

Just refered a friend in Nevada his way. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Gotcha... to me that is appropriate for the "near invoice" thread. This thread seems to be more appropriate for the "near MSRP" deals. Two different deals with two very different price points... [splitting hairs here...]

Agreed, Its a free forum, post on!

D

Deleted member 12951

Searched using "MSRP" and didn't see another thread dedicated to MSRP dealers? At any rate, ordered mine and would be happy refer folks to my dealer as they've been great to work on this order as well as our past purchases. Please PM me if interested. Good luck all!

Shadow Black SCREW+802a+Options (minus orange accent)
-Will likely get Ford service plan and extended warranty
-Dealer said November at the earliest, likely Dec/Jan.

The wait is on!

Your right, because your title of the thread had "lower" in it, it made it general to other threads here. Perhaps if you just posted it as "GEN 2 Dealers selling @ MSRP".

I think its crazy that buying anything at MSRP is considered a deal. These dealerships have got all you "gotta have it now" folks brainwashed. Granted if I owned a dealership and I had people lining up to buy for MSRP, why would I sell it for anything else. Nobody would. Good luck to you guys.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right, because your title of the thread had "lower" in it, it made it general to other threads here. Perhaps if you just posted it as "GEN 2 Dealers selling @ MSRP".

I think its crazy that buying anything at MSRP is considered a deal. These dealerships have got all you "gotta have it now" folks brainwashed. Granted if I owned a dealership and I had people lining up to buy for MSRP, why would I sell it for anything else. Nobody would. Good luck to you guys.

Why is it so crazy? It's simple supply and demand. Even my dealer told me I could wait till the hype slows down (a year or less), put in a retail order over and above allocation. Probably around that time and maybe earlier, the "invoice thread" would be more active with those types of deals but for the folks who want one this year or early next year, I see no issue with paying the market price if you're willing and ready. If you have a great relationship with your dealer, then the needle could move your way (wink wink) but it's not a guarantee for the next guy to call or walk in to get that same deal. Then there is the other segment who are planning to buy in 3-6-9-12-24 months time... they will pay what the market will be bear on that timeline. It's really that simple, imho.

D

Deleted member 12951

Why is it so crazy? It's simple supply and demand. Even my dealer told me I could wait till the hype slows down (a year or less), put in a retail order over and above allocation. Probably around that time and maybe earlier, the "invoice thread" would be more active with those types of deals but for the folks who want one this year or early next year, I see no issue with paying the market price if you're willing and ready. If you have a great relationship with your dealer, then the needle could move your way (wink wink) but it's not a guarantee for the next guy to call or walk in to get that same deal. Then there is the other segment who are planning to buy in 3-6-9-12-24 months time... they will pay what the market will be bear on that timeline. It's really that simple, imho.

Problem is when you are crazy, its hard for you to know you are crazy.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is when you are crazy, its hard for you to know you are crazy.

Yet not one dealer has shown up on the invoice thread (or one that is willing to go public on those deals). There maybe invoice deals out there but that doesn't represent the current market value for the critical mass at the moment, imo.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid MSRP for our last new car, a rare one. I am ok with that so I dont have to wait years. But I cannot justify thousands over MSRP. Sure, who does not want to buy under MSRP? And folks YOU CAN. As a matter of fact I bet you can negotiate all the Ford Tauruses you want under MSRP!