Currently stuck on the road !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Kuba

Reaction score
So I just put the truck in park. Shifter in park but the display reads that it's in drive. Transmission is defiantly in drive as it moves when I push it. Reset the battery nothing. Opened the access cover to the shifter and shifted it through all gears no luck .. trans is still in drive and it won't start since the safety feature won't allow it to start in drive. Waiting on road side assistance..

Any clue what this could be ??

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have internal shifter fault. Common in 12-14MKX's and Explorers where it would say shift to park

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn .. hopefully it's a quick fix .. It's got 2,700 miles and it's only 7weeks old .. very discouraging

Just a guess, I'm a Service Advisor but haven't seen this concern on a new Raptor yet

OP
OP
82Kuba

82Kuba

Reaction score
Well after an almost 5hour wait for the tow truck due to Ford roadside assistance being complete idiots we get to the dealer to find out there's no night drop area. I left that ************ in the driveway sideways blocking the entire service enterance gate. Now I have to return first thing in the morning to deal with this shit. Luckily the dealer is 15 mins from my place.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! That really sucks. Hopefully its a quick fix for ya. Keep us all updated.