Already ordering 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a deal with my dealer that I could order a raptor for MSRP instead of $2500 over for the one on the lot. They say they can no longer order 2017 models that they can only order 2018's. He said they already know specs for them. Does anyone know if this is true? I told them I would be in tomorrow to do that, but from all I have read is that they will do 2017s until July.

Thanks!

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about them having the exact specs...but it sounds like they're out of allocations for MY17 and are assuming a certain number will be given to them for MY18.

7GenTex

Reaction score
I don't know about them having the exact specs...but it sounds like they're out of allocations for MY17 and are assuming a certain number will be given to them for MY18.

+1 on this above

And, order banks for Dearborn MY F-150s don't close until 5/5/2017 with the last job date of 7/2/2017.

Sounds like he is out of allocations for a 2017 Raptor.

CZECHSIX

Reaction score
Saw an odd addition to the Raptor for 2018, two new wheel bases added, so , ok , I get a standard cab option , but what would the other one be. ???

OP
OP
T

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks don't open til 5/15 with job #1 starting 7/17

That's what I was thinking. I'll see what I can get out of them tomorrow and report back. I don't mind waiting and doesn't matter if its a 17 or 18 just found it odd. They said they already took one order for a 18 last week but maybe the salesman is confused.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I'll see what I can get out of them tomorrow and report back. I don't mind waiting and doesn't matter if its a 17 or 18 just found it odd. They said they already took one order for a 18 last week but maybe the salesman is confused.

He probably did take an order, but there's no way it will go into Ford's system until at least May. And in case you're new and don't know the story there's no way of knowing when your build will get picked up. It could be months and months before you get into one regardless of when you order because it's not first come first served. It's an elaborate allocation system that is terrible. There are guys who ordered last July who still don't have theirs. I would take the one on the lot and run if it matches the specs you want.

OP
OP
T

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He probably did take an order, but there's no way it will go into Ford's system until at least May. And in case you're new and don't know the story there's no way of knowing when your build will get picked up. It could be months and months before you get into one regardless of when you order because it's not first come first served. It's an elaborate allocation system that is terrible. There are guys who ordered last July who still don't have theirs. I would take the one on the lot and run if it matches the specs you want.

They have one that I hate the color. The other has all the ugly graphics on it. I refuse to pay $2000 for stickers that will be peeled off anyway. Otherwise I would!