18 in the shop with 150 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im getting worried myself, seems like more 2018 models are having problems, you thinking something about the stock tune is shit?

I just like bitching so take my words with a dose of salt. I think the numbers of problems compared to the number of vehicles on the road with the same motor is pretty high and if the issue was really wide spread we would see more information.

HOWEVER. I do believe with the 3.5 eb tt ho, have had some engine tuning issues causing other problems with the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just turned over 9k and my 18 is running just fine. Matter of fact, it's a ******* beast.

No one can produce 20K plus vehicles a year, combining 1000's of parts into one and not have some with issues. Not gonna happen. Infancy failure of parts will happen. 100% QC is an illusion.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just turned over 9k and my 18 is running just fine. Matter of fact, it's a ******* beast.

No one can produce 20K plus vehicles a year, combining 1000's of parts into one and not have some with issues. Not gonna happen. Infancy failure of parts will happen. 100% QC is an illusion.

Very true, for the amount of vehicles that get built in a day nothing is perfect still impressive regardless though. QC can only do so much

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just like bitching so take my words with a dose of salt. I think the numbers of problems compared to the number of vehicles on the road with the same motor is pretty high and if the issue was really wide spread we would see more information.

HOWEVER. I do believe with the 3.5 eb tt ho, have had some engine tuning issues causing other problems with the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I’m reading @AndysLog, it’s with a margarita, and more than a grain of salt... :biggrin:

I had my dealer check at the last visit in Jan. and they swore up and down I had the latest/greatest tune. She was born back in Nov. ’16, but was held back for a bunch of q/a issues and reflashed at least once. I wonder if that earned me the newer tune from Ford? The one some on here have suggested addresses the odious cam phaser noise among other issues.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry this happened to you. my 18 has 12k miles on it and runs great, so far. if its any consolation, after this you should be good. At least you get to drive a nice truck while they work on it and not some loaner fiesta or some such crap.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry this happened to you. my 18 has 12k miles on it and runs great, so far. if its any consolation, after this you should be good. At least you get to drive a nice truck while they work on it and not some loaner fiesta or some such crap.

any dealer that gives someone a fiesta after spending upwards of 70k and higher in some situations would literally need to find their head so far up their asses they likely would have been fired already and just not known it.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any dealer that gives someone a fiesta after spending upwards of 70k and higher in some situations would literally need to find their head so far up their asses they likely would have been fired already and just not known it.

Give..??? i was told i could rent one !!! It wasnt till i went to the sales manager that i got my old truck to drive , for whats now 2 weeks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This may sound harsh, but by law, neither Ford, nor the dealer is required to give you anything, even if the vehicle grenades 10 feet off the dealer lot. Once you sign the paperwork and leave the vehicle belongs to you, not the dealer. The law only requires that the manufacturer effect repairs within a reasonable amount of time, typically 30 or 31 days, with at least 1+1 visit for the same, related or caused by issue.

Unless you bought an extended warranty with “rental” coverage. Now, I flat out don’t know if you have the extended warranty and use the rental coverage for a covered repair while in the -factory warranty period- if that counts as time toward a lemon law suit.

If you get a loaner vehicle as a courtesy, the time down does not count towards a lemon law suit.

Now, granted... this is a rather spectacular failure on multiple levels and it’s obviously in the dealer’s best interest to keep you happy right now, but legally speaking, all they are required to do is repair the vehicle.

I got to find all this out when I was 20 and nowhere near prepared to take some car manufacturer to court, nor did I have the level of discretion needed to tackle dealer shenanigans.

My point here- this stuff never happens when and where it’s convenient, or under circumstances that you have the chance to carefully consider. so do the best you can to be detached from the actual circumstances and be as objective as you can. it’s a tall order, but you’ll be better off for it.