Procharger needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been debating to go whipple or procharger on the truck. I have read that the oil pump should be upgraded to the billet gears and this is roughly a $1000 job since it would involve my truck to be down for too long if i did it myself (and it sounds pretty involved).

So with that said, are the billet gears necessary for the procharger? I know that whipple is a torque monster and has that slap of instant boost/tq which is what really jars the pump. The procharger tq comes on much more gradually and linear. Theory here being it wouldnt be such an impact on the gears.

Thoughts?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say it's cheaper to put them in than run the risk of blowing the engine and footing a bigger bill.
Just for a piece of mind I would do them.

I've driven a centrifugal expedition. Pulls nicely in the mid to high rpms, but down low the truck could use that downlow torque created by a screw/roots. Not sure if the 4.10's and 6 speed may help in that regard.

Seems that most have jumped towards the TVS/Whipple, so if you still go the procharger route, make sure your tuner can tune the procharger to its potential.

Last edited:

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my procharger 6 months and 6000 ran the track 6 times and have ran it hard with no failures.

Didn't upgrade the gears

Takes roughly 30ish hp to turn the procharger and is less stress on the drivetrain.

If your interested in saving money I'm selling my kit. Still has a 6 month warranty on it. The sound alone is worth the procharger especially mine and the looks is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk