Cooling issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Wren

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I noticed the temps climbing even through it was cold out. Found I was low on coolant, added half a gallon. Never saw any on ground, could be slowly leaking from weep hole while driving. But, temps have been fine and its staying full for last 3 weeks. None in the oil also. Can't believe it would fix itself. Seems odd. Everything looks and looked dry around the water pump. Do these trucks go through coolant? that would be a first for me. I have extended warranty, so might take it in to get looked at anyway.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No they don't go through coolant normally. You could have had an air bubble in the system that just burped out...

OP
OP
Gary Wren

Gary Wren

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about an air bubble, seems odd it would appear all of the sudden. But, I did take it in for the state inspection a couple of days before, only the sniff test where they plug into computer and tailpipe, so they shouldn't have messed with anything.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I noticed the temps climbing even through it was cold out. Found I was low on coolant, added half a gallon. Never saw any on ground, could be slowly leaking from weep hole while driving. But, temps have been fine and its staying full for last 3 weeks. None in the oil also. Can't believe it would fix itself. Seems odd. Everything looks and looked dry around the water pump. Do these trucks go through coolant? that would be a first for me. I have extended warranty, so might take it in to get looked at anyway.
Check your thermostat. It may be leaking under your intake manifold.