K and N Cai installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No pics sorry, but I can say this is a very easy install even with relocating the coolant res. Everything bolts right up to exhisting holes. The 6.2l air box comes out and the Filter box as well. Seals to the hood. The filter is located more to the front of the truck and pointed slightly downward just behind the headlight. It appears to take advantage of a opening down their for some cool air. The coolant box is moved to the side of the wheel well were the original filter box was located. There is a plate that covers the hole in the wheel housing that the filter box used. 1 hour 20 minutes.

I noticed an immediate difference in the tone of the truck. Normal gradual accel. seemed the same but once you got into it.....what a difference. I mean you really feel it. It woke this truck up. I dont think its getting the 20hp advertised but I definitely notice a couple more stallions out front. well worth the 286.00 incl. shipping.

This is not an enclosed box. If you are going to run in alot of sand (deserts or Florida sugar quicksand) use a prefilter for the dust....or some old pantyhose.

If its mud or a little water get a dry charger. They are not waterproof but water resistant. Kinda like a ducks ass...this isnt supposed to be a mudder anyway...it never hurts to be cautious..and no they do not affect the filters performance...many tests have proved this...and if you've got other info let me know...I dont claim to know everything just most of everything:)

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thats not a bad price either.... considering what the others cost.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$286 is a great price... I've seen them almost a hundred bucks more.

Did you buy it on-line? Got a link?

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Infidel, I just ordered one last night...

BTW, with this K&N, it is not mandatory to do a new tune, right?

OP
OP
Ni9mm

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No its not. And I venture to say you won't want one real soon after either. Just bolt on,strap in, hold on. Keep me posted.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this k&n will work on the 2011 6.2 ? i would assume it would but just to make sure ...

and with the coolant relocation does it use the stock tank or a new one ?

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, how well does it seem to b sealed or shielded from the elements? Mainly water or mud. I had a K&N kit on my '07 F150 and it was awesome. I'm considering gettin a CAI from them if it'll fit on the '11 Raptor, cuz the drop in K&N seemed to do nothing but make a cool noise

OP
OP
Ni9mm

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will fit the 11 screw. Another friend of mine installed with no problem. Droll back and read the original post I cover all those other questions. Filter socks are available for dry and wet conditions. Going muddin? slip on the dry charger. Going desert running? Slip on a prefilter. I live in Florida with lots of rain. I've had no problems.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Infidel said:
It will fit the 11 screw. Another friend of mine installed with no problem. Droll back and read the original post I cover all those other questions. Filter socks are available for dry and wet conditions. Going muddin? slip on the dry charger. Going desert running? Slip on a prefilter. I live in Florida with lots of rain. I've had no problems.

Sry, I saw afterwards. Thx though, I should have more situational awareness haha