2018 with 80 k miles- no rebuild done yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the comment. Did not realize they were that "cheap" (relative to the next tier you mentioned).
My Gen 2 is my daily driver. I drive 15-17 miles one way. Roads are good. We have a farm we go to and hunt on/ ride dirt bikes etc and it is like any other out in the country farm you would think of- bumpy here and there and mostly dirt / gravel. I do not do (as of now) any moderate off roading. Couple trails I plan to go on but from what I've been told they are all fairly easy. I guess my biggest thing is to keep the truck in its best shape/ performance as I can and if that means spending 1500-2 k every 40-60 k miles for new shocks then I will do so.

As far as the leafs, bump stops etc- what would you say in your opinion would be list of priority you would spend on with those extra funds?

A lot do the leafs(Deavers or Icons) with the bumpstops(tons of choices out there) at the same time as they kind of compliment one another and aftermarket leafs require the OEM bump stop to be slightly modified or a new bumpstop system.
But that combo is ~$3k combined and I'm sure labor costs if you don't DIY won't be a few hours billed.

The leafs will improve the ride of the truck and you don't need to get an aftermarket bumpstop kit. Just can get the spacer kit.

I would look up the comparisons between Deavers and Icon leaf springs. Deavers have been around longer. Some pros and cons(minor) with both

1. Leafs
2. Tune/lights/save up for general maintenance
3. Bumpstops only if you plan to really get into offroading IMO