Idle Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I installed the SW headers and the 5Star "87 performance" tune... the engine can't seem to idle correctly. It seems like it trys to idle at about 650rpm and then has issues and jumps to ~900rpm for a second and then trys to settle back down to 650. it seems like it just does this when it warms up (but not 100% certain.

Tried to video it with my phone...

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9JioeZLt-Q&feature=youtu.be

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a few of things. loose intake air tube unmeasured air getting by , if you pulled the battery you need to go through a new KAM learning process.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been noticing the same thing with my truck here lately and it's completely stock.

roughly 50,000 miles

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From my limited experience.. Those with aftermarket CAI tend to see failing canister purge valves sooner. Those that are running stock intakes 40-60k miles seems to be the trend.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From my limited experience.. Those with aftermarket CAI tend to see failing canister purge valves sooner. Those that are running stock intakes 40-60k miles seems to be the trend.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

How difficult are they to replace?