TSB 11-1-5 Canister Purge Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUKE

Reaction score
Canister purge valve replaced under warranty

Hello,

i recently was nearly stranded when the idle became rough while driving and minutes later the check eng light came on and the truck when into a -fail safe mode- while onthe highway. Took about 3 hour to troubleshoot and replace the cpv. All is well. I am going to get a spare to have since this seems like a known issue with the tsb 12-03 i think

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Fyi
only early warning was the throttle fluctuated when i was parking and in reverse with my foot on the brake. Tach showed a swing upto 1800 rpms. I checked my floor mat, but not the case.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I take it this is for 6.2L? Hmm seems to me these "better" 6.2L engines are having a few problems haha my 5.4L is running like a champ. Just changed the spark plugs too at 48,874.4 miles and run royal purple high performance synthetic oil!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is an easy repair...

View attachment 14931
Remove these two bolts

View attachment 14932
Remove this clip and electrical connector

View attachment 14933
Install new one

Yes, I know it is covered under warranty. The problem is it normally does not throw codes, and $tealerships seems to have a hard time reproducing it.. To me $55 and 10 minutes is worth my time verses letting the dealership throw parts at it..

-Greg

Last edited:

whataboutbob

Reaction score
I've been hearing a ticking sound for a while now but no trouble codes. Thanks GJ for the instructions, I like working on my own truck over letting a dealer do it.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that is what the ticking sound is. I thought it might be the fuel injectors or something.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So that is what the ticking sound is. I thought it might be the fuel injectors or something.

Jim I got mine replaced with no issue at all. Just tell them you have a ticking noise coming from under the hood some place. Let them tell you its the CPV and your good to go.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed this too. Does this effect performance?

What will eventually happen it will fail and the truck will have a cold start issue (low rpm at idle, miss firing, and dying) and have a crap ton of unmetered air entering the intake causing a whole list of trouble codes...

-Greg (aka squatting dog)