GEN 1 iDatalink Maestro K150 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Raptor had the base 4.5" stereo and display. I recently installed an iDatalink Maestro K150 dash kit with the RR interface module along with an Alpine iLX-507 head unit. Overall, I'm very happy with the install. Over the last couple of months, I've been working through learning the system and how it all works, getting it all set up. I have one issue that is probably pretty unique to my setup involving the climate control and CarPlay. The K150 dash kit has all of the controls for the climate control, however, the knobs have no end stops or indicators for fan speed or temperature. This isn't a huge deal since the stereo displays a climate control screen whenever an adjustment is made. If I am on any screen other than CarPlay, the head unit returns to that screen from the climate control screen after a short period. If, however, I am on CarPlay (which I am 99% of the time) it returns to the home screen, which then requires me to select the CarPlay option to get back to where I was. You never really notice how many times you adjust the fan or temperature until you have to manually go back to where you were every time. I inquired with Maestro about maybe a setting I was missing. They said nope, check with Alpine. I spoke with Alpine tech support, who claimed he knew what I was talking about and that his personal head unit did the same thing, only he uses Android not CarPlay. I then called Crutchfield to see if they had ever heard of this and if it was an issue across the board on different brand head units. He claimed that it was a CarPlay/Android thing and that it would probably be the same regardless of the brand stereo I was using. My question is, does anybody else use this setup? Maybe with a different brand other than Alpine? Android vs CarPlay? If so, have you encountered this issue? I am very curious to see what kind of responses I get. To me it just seems like lazy programming, and I don't really believe it's a CarPlay thing as much as an Alpine thing. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a kenwood deck with a maestro dash kit but it’s a different configuration and has no knobs or buttons. I still have all my factory controls. If i am on the CarPlay screen and i adjust temperature or fan speed or any climate options, it goes to the climate screen but then reverts back to CarPlay after a few seconds. If i push the “factory climate” button it will stay on that screen until i change it. I can just push the back button to return to CarPlay. Not sure this helps but it’s what i have

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So, even though you have a different dash kit, it sounds like the maestro/ stereo mostly respond the same. Mine also stays temporarily on the climate screen if I adjust either the fan or temperature but stays if I push the center of the temp knob. The only difference I see is your Kenwood reverts back to CarPlay instead of the home screen. That’s sort of what I figured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter