Has anyone installed a edge evolution cs/cts tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roaddog313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking in to a tuner. What tuners are best and why, has anyone installed or heard about a edge evolution cs/cts tuner in a ford raptor.

I want to get a tune and a air intake installed, what are your suggestions. Are there any two that work better with each other (tune and cia)

i have read that 5 star is great, but what makes them better than the other companies. thanks for the input in advance

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Custom, tunes instead of stock canned tunes. You tell Mike you have cai or exhaust or both or neither and he tweaks the tune for you.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing about Mike at 5Star is customer service. He will do whatever it takes to make your purchase easy, and will be helpful with any issues that come up. I also think they do a TON of these Raptor Tunes, so he knows the programming very well.

OP
OP
R

roaddog313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as combining a cai and tuner does that matter? What CIA are going to give the best performance with a tune?

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as combining a cai and tuner does that matter? What CIA are going to give the best performance with a tune?

Your not really going to go wrong with any cold air intake setup. I would advise a CAI, along with some exhaust work as well, THEN tune it. The tuning process is the tweaking of the fuel maps, spark (timing) and in this case adding it; transmission shift points (since the motor will pull more horsepower out of the higher RPMs due to the new power, you want to take advantage of that by shifting 2-300rpm later. The tune will also take advantage of higher octane points, allowing for increased timing, which is more power.

In a sense, its not the tuner actually giving the car power, it is a tool meant to manipulate the trucks computer to take advantage of power left on the table from the factory AND modifications added aftermarket such as your cold air intakes, exhausts, etc. Even from 5star, he can only dial it in so far as there has to be some margin of error to accommodate altitude, climate, general condition of the engine, etc. If you want to get everything out of a setup, take it to an actual shop and have them tune it with software.

If you installed just a CAI and a catback exhaust on the Raptor and used just a generic handheld, you would net in the neighborhood of a 15-20 rwhp pickup on 93 octane. With a custom loaded tune on a handheld, 25-30whp. With a legit software tune with dyno time, 35-45whp.

Last edited:

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike @ 5Star has been customizing tunes for our trucks for quite some time. His tunes don't mess with the computer to give false reads on Mpg's like canned tunes such as Edge and Superchips. Edge and Superchips appear to drastically increase gas mileage but when measured by hand it is wrong. Mile's tunes are 100% customized for our trucks

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Definitely recommend Mikes tuning! I have the 93 octane race and it feels like a different truck! Give him a call you wont regret it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike-5 star tunes are great. I had 9 tunes from him including the 2 I just got for my new setup with headers and they all have been great. The truck is really a beast now.

Another thing to think of is mike owns a raptor as his personal vehicle. So u better believe he got those tunes on point

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have contact information for Mike at 5 star?