A little advice please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mainerap

Reaction score
Last week i installed a Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust on my 13 screw. Love the sound and couldn't be happier. I also ordered an SCT Tuner and AFE CAI from 5 Star.(Mike was AWESOME by the way.)

Like i said, the sound of the exhaust was awesome, but i am worried that the CAI will drive me nuts if it makes the exhaust to much louder.

Does anyone on the thread have any input or knowledge of this. Anything would be appreciated.....

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Magnapack that dumps just under the passenger rear seat. It's pretty loud, so I know where you're coming from. I wouldn't say adding the CAI/SCT made it louder. Deeper, maybe. But, not louder.

The SCT actually helped me some I think because I don't cruise in the "drone zone" of rpm as much anymore.

OP
OP
M

mainerap

Reaction score
Thanks for the input... Really appreciated...

I installed the CAI today and the one that i bought comes with an optional cover. I also added updated with the SCT to a 91 performance tune. I think that i will put the cover on the CAI and see if it quiets down a little. It is really throaty when you get on it. Kinda of cool but just a little much for me.

As for the tune, HOLY CRA___. It is awesome. The shift points and mid range torque are simply incredible. Don't know why i didn't do it sooner...

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it shouldnt make it much louder. the cover will def help alot to keep the noise down under heavy acceleration. it will really reduce the intake "honk" too