Aluminum Skids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there make aluminum skids for the bottom of the raptor??? Particularly the engine/tranny/t-case. After removing the factory Engine skid the other day to swap out the front diff fluid, I didnt realize how freaking heavy the stock plates are.... especially when I was holding the SVC Bumper skid in one hand and the engine skid in the other.

D

Deleted member 12951

Crown Offroad has them too. I have the hefty myself (before Crown offered them) in steel and the thing is a beast and adds better protection. Chris at Freedom Motorsports sells the Hefty ones, where I got mine.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet! I thought Hefty only made steel! Fawk ya! $$$ though

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Good to know! Seems like their aluminum ones are priced a bit better. i dont really care if things get beat up, thats their job, just want to make sure they stay structurally sound to protect the truck.

Main reason i want Aluminum is less weight and no corrosion. Steel is great and all... but these things are only gonna be bounging off stuff in the desert. Doesnt need rock crawler level beef

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Oh sweet! I thought Hefty only made steel! Fawk ya! $$$ though

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Good to know! Seems like their aluminum ones are priced a bit better. i dont really care if things get beat up, thats their job, just want to make sure they stay structurally sound to protect the truck.

Main reason i want Aluminum is less weight and no corrosion. Steel is great and all... but these things are only gonna be bounging off stuff in the desert. Doesnt need rock crawler level beef

Even the aluminum ones are heavy. @CrownOffroad had mine powdercoated flat black, and they held up great.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually offer RCI Metalworks skid plates which is another Colorado based manufacturer. All skids, with the exception of the fuel skid, are offered in both aluminum and steel. Powdercoat is an option for aluminum and comes standard on all steel.

We've had an aluminum set on our truck for two years now and they have taken a beating but never failed nor allowed for any damage to the undercarriage. Happy to discuss options, details, etc.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of our 1/4" aluminum skid plates for reference:

Link to order ---->>>> F150 2009-14 | Crown Offroad

Aluminum Transfer Case and Transmission Skid:
IMG_4674_zps66c0300c.jpg

Aluminum Transfer Case versus OEM Transfer Case Skid:
IMG_4675_zps5280e006.jpg

Aluminum Transfer Case and Transmission Skid Installed:
IMG_4678_zpsa9803add.jpg