GEN 2 Why does this thing have to be a *************?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've done IWE x 2 as well and most recently entire hub assemblies on both sides. I have had the oil pan x 1. The transmission pan x 1 and new transmission at 9,000 miles x 1. I have 55,000 miles and just had the timing chain cover sealant replaced due to a oil leak I noticed when changing my own oil. TSB for doors not shutting in the winter x 2 too.

I feel ya man.
Hooray for approaching the end of the 60k warranty?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel ya man.
Hooray for approaching the end of the 60k warranty?

Yep. This truck gets one shot post-warranty. I will fix it and move on to something else if issues. I love everything about this truck but the ongoing issues have left a bad taste in my mouth. I am not sure I'd buy another one, but unfortunately there's nothing else out there quite like it.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. This truck gets one shot post-warranty. I will fix it and move on to something else if issues. I love everything about this truck but the ongoing issues have left a bad taste in my mouth. I am not sure I'd buy another one, but unfortunately there's nothing else out there quite like it.

Yeah, there isnt anything else like it, and Im not sure any other brand is better. I think it is all a result of penny pinching and lean manufacturing to maximize profit.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what are you going to do long term? Keep it out of warranty and eat the repair costs, or trade it in and eat the new truck costs?

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what are you going to do long term? Keep it out of warranty and eat the repair costs, or trade it in and eat the new truck costs?

I dunno. My wife will probably replace her explorer sport next year. I have no plans to replace it, as there isn't really anything out there to replace it with. Luckily I do my own work so keeping it going wont be a problem. It just rubs me the wrong way that there's something wrong with it every now and then.

So I guess to answer your question, long term probably keep it till 100k and fix it myself.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am going to eat the post warranty costs until prohibitive

I dunno. My wife will probably replace her explorer sport next year. I have no plans to replace it, as there isn't really anything out there to replace it with. Luckily I do my own work so keeping it going wont be a problem. It just rubs me the wrong way that there's something wrong with it every now and then.

So I guess to answer your question, long term probably keep it till 100k and fix it myself.

Same sentiments on my end too. I do majority of my own work as well. I am hoping to keep this version until next Raptor 3.0 comes out.

Last edited:

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5 years of ownership, 28 k miles

-flat black exhaust tips started coming off at like 10k miles, completely gone on the passenger side now.
-red stripe on steering wheel wearing like shit
-gloss black b pillars scratched up after the first wash, toast after a few washes, they are wrapped now cause they were that bad
-paint sucks balls and scratches easily
-tires toast after 26k miles
-leaky oil pan from day 1

This bitch is disposable

2 Years of ownership and 28,000 miles.

I had the cracked "Push to Start" button. That is all.

Happiest vehicle ownership I have ever had.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were informed by someone supposedly in the know, cam phasers were replaced with a new part back in 4/19 by Ford. Any new trucks built after should have the new design. However that is not a lot of time from then to now and mileage wise to know if it’s truly a good fix. This issue did not affect most trucks, and mileage varied. So time will tell as ‘19s get more miles on them. Or if someone had there’s replaced since that date.

Thanks. I heard having defective cam phasers repaired at a Ford dealer is a $4-5K repair bill (if out of warranty).

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 has 20k miles only issues I’ve had was moisture in 2 of the lil led marker lights & have had rear passenger door freeze up or not latch correctly so dropping off in 2 weeks while I’m traveling to take care of that...otherwise no issues. I know we’re all raptor owners here, but y’all need to relax claiming a 35” 315/70R17 BFG K02 tire is “junk” worthless off-road etc- I mean COME ON - it’s THE MoL

FWIW I (& many others) had numerous problems w/ K2 series (14-19) GM trucks & I think these Fords are better overall...not sure bout the newer ones, @ any rate look at this way- if you do wind up trading it or selling there’s no way you’d do better in that regard w/ any other 1/2 ton.

I’ve had no real issues other than some moisture in a couple marker LEDs that were replaced under warranty & dropping it off for the door handle/latch freezing TSB in a couple weeks when I’m traveling for work.

20k miles & 1 year of ownership, love the truck- most fun I’ve had driving a truck or SUV as a DD for sure.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2 Years of ownership and 28,000 miles.

I had the cracked "Push to Start" button. That is all.

Happiest vehicle ownership I have ever had.

Nearing 40k and same. Well, I did have the tcase seal leak, not sure if bad part from factory or por15 I accidentally got on it.

I've seen 4 trucks with over 120k and no issues. One is a friend that does a lot of hunting and offroading, so he's put the truck through its paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.