GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still stock plugs gapped to .025 and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Mileage from last road trip:
MPH/MPG
70 16.0
65 17.9
60 19.2
50 23.5

I average about 16 mpg between commuting and city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still stock plugs gapped to .025 and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Mileage from last road trip:
MPH/MPG
70 16.0
65 17.9
60 19.2
50 23.5

I average about 16 mpg between commuting and city.

What tire pressure are you running?

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing possible engine detonation with this tune running 91 octane?

ace75

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing possible engine detonation with this tune running 91 octane?

It could be spark plug related. I was getting some knock on my wife's countryman. I changed the sparkplugs and havent heard the knock since.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a weird one. While getting on the onramp I nailed it and the truck downshifted and took off then short shifted early and bogged then downshifted again? Anyone else have that happen? It’s done it a few times.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need Gearhead.

:p

Ok I have a weird one. While getting on the onramp I nailed it and the truck downshifted and took off then short shifted early and bogged then downshifted again? Anyone else have that happen? It’s done it a few times.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jesus. No. Never.

When I am at the track people with aftermarket forced induction mods are almost always chasing down problems, dirty MAF sensors and boost leaks. Knowing that I torqued the shit out of all those hoses, gapped the factory plugs and haven't had a single hiccup.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus. No. Never.

When I am at the track people with aftermarket forced induction mods are almost always chasing down problems, dirty MAF sensors and boost leaks. Knowing that I torqued the shit out of all those hoses, gapped the factory plugs and haven't had a single hiccup.

It’s a transmission issue not motor issue, my truck is finally running like a champ. 4.3 0-60 last time I timed it. After the last update motor is good but noticed the transmission quirky about shifting to soon