Where's my brake fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
So Saturday night I drove my truck out to pickup some pizza. The truck drove there perfect. When I come out to drive home the brake pedal goes right to the floor and the brake light comes on as well as the Low Brake Fluid light. I pop the hood and the reservoir is dry. I fill it up to the top and pump the brakes and still no brakes and the reservoir is dry again. Fill it again and same thing. I had it towed to the stealership this morning.

I was thinking it's the master cylinder or a leak in a line, but there was no puddle under the truck, so I'm wondering where all that brake fluid went and if there is anything in particular I should make sure the dealership checks or I should check when I get it back. It's a 2014 Screw w/ 12K miles so it's still under warranty.

Flamingo Racing

Reaction score
Ran errand on the other side of town. Experienced same issue as first post. Lucky it happened in a parking lot and not at speed or out of the country
100 degrees in the shade. Arraigned for tow to the dealer to have master cylinder and booster replaced. 2011 w/59k, have extended warranty to cover.

Don't think I've experienced a failure like this on any vehicle with this low mileage. Kinda bummed considering this is a SVT engineered truck. Braking system should be a priority that holds up.

Flamingo Racing

Reaction score
Hopped in, started and applied brake to shift from D. Pedal straight to the floor and noticed warning light. It could have been on first. The wierld part is not seeing signs of fresh fluid anywhere under the truck with a dry reservoir. Not any previous indicaters of problems. All fluids checked each fill-up.

Flamingo Racing

Reaction score
Picked truck up from dealer after master cylinder & booster replaced. Warranty covered repairs. Dealer follow-up keeps asking how my f-150 is running. I reply I have a Raptor not a 150. Reps don't seem to understand the difference.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Saturday night I drove my truck out to pickup some pizza. The truck drove there perfect. When I come out to drive home the brake pedal goes right to the floor and the brake light comes on as well as the Low Brake Fluid light. I pop the hood and the reservoir is dry. I fill it up to the top and pump the brakes and still no brakes and the reservoir is dry again. Fill it again and same thing. I had it towed to the stealership this morning.

I was thinking it's the master cylinder or a leak in a line, but there was no puddle under the truck, so I'm wondering where all that brake fluid went and if there is anything in particular I should make sure the dealership checks or I should check when I get it back. It's a 2014 Screw w/ 12K miles so it's still under warranty.
Let us know what the dealership finds or says

OP
OP
N

Nyseguy

Reaction score
Let us know what the dealership finds or says
It was the master cylinder. The dealer replaced it under warranty and said it was a common problem on F150s. Worst part is it happened again about 6 weeks later and they had to replace it again. The second time happened while I was driving. I noticed the pedal getting softer each time I braked until it was on the floor again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk