Where do you put your extra fuel? Water? Recovery gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the adjustable Thule bed rack?

DSCF9251_8x6.jpg

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlueSTI said:
I was lucky enough to get a great deal on Craigslist... $300 as seen below:

Holds 2 spares, Hi-Lift, Power Tank, gas, water, and water proof storage box.

Who made that? That's damn near exactly what I'm lookin at getting. Is it removable as well?

Last edited:

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That deal BlueSTI got is definitely amazing, and a great setup.

Outlaw Raptor has a very nice one as well, but it's a bit more than $300 :)

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A guy on Craigslist made it for himself... Then decided to go a different route, and apparently just wanted the space and it gone! So it's a custom one-of-a-kind which sucks for those wanting the same thing.

That being said, there are people on craigslist that will make them custom for you, my buddy found a guy that did nearly the same thing, just MORE features for his Silverado... Cost $500

I just got lucky!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
STI what search term(s) did you use with Craigslist?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
STI what search term(s) did you use with Craigslist?
At the time, I searched Ford Raptor looking for stuff...

Let me ask my buddy what he used to find the guy that built his. I'm assuming "Bed Rack" or even "Bed Cage" was used...

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Not sure if it's the same guy, but here's an example of what you can find...

Metal Fabrication / Welding Sand rail, prerunner, baja bug

Usually you can have a guy like that make stuff custom the way you want it, much cheaper than you'll find at a larger fab shop. I'll also see if I can get the contact information for the guy that did my buddy's Silverado bed rack... It turned out WAY BETTER than I thought for a one man show, and was around $500 for a fairly complex setup.

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not finished with my setup, but it is working well enough that I only expect to tweak it, not start over. I started with 1/2 sheet of plywood and bolted a 50 gallon storage box from Walmart to it. The plywood keeps it from moving forward or to the sides and will give me multiple mounting points for anything that I decide to add later (I haven't been carrying my PullPal winch anchor, but I might start - there are not many trees here in southern Baja).
p1210013.jpg

p1210014.jpg

It holds a tone of stuff and even with only one strap it doesn't during moderate offroading. I'm sure it would move during a jump or rollover, so I'll work on something else later. I would just run a strap(s) to the rear tiedowns, but the bed extender is in the way. In addition to this box I have a bug-out bag and a fire extinguisher under the rear seat.
p1210010.jpg

As far as extra fuel goes, like all SCrew owners, I store an extra 10 gallons in here: :waytogo:
p1210011.jpg

Here are some pictures of the gear I carry on every trip. Two of the bags are tool bags and the rest contain a combination of gear from my Jeeping days and a few new items for the Raptor.
p1210017.jpg

I decided to drop the HiLift jack from my gear and replace it with these LiftTrax. LIFTTRAX I haven't used them yet, but the concept seems sound.
p1210018.jpg

p1210019.jpg

p1210020.jpg

p1210021.jpg

I haven't used the PowerPuller yet (below), but it made more sense to me for the Raptor than mounting a winch on the front. The Wyeth-Scott Co. - portable winches | cable puller | come along winches The accessories above are from my Jeeping days when I used my winch frequently.
p1210022.jpg

There are more rocks than trees where I'm at, so sometimes the chain is needed as a winch anchor point. It is a bit heavy, but a winch w/o an anchor point is useless.

p1210023.jpg

I carry a full size shovel and an ax, just in case. They are secured to teh front of the box with QuickFists.

p1210025.jpg

I'm not currently carrying cans of fuel or water, but there is plenty of room for them in front of the box, which is mounted back a ways in order to allow the lid to open without unstrapping it.
p1210026.jpg