What's your opinion on this rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrissss126

Reaction score
hello!

I'm in the market looking for a Raptor and I potentially have my hands on a 2012 Race Red SCAB 6.2L. I'm completely ignorant on this topic and I was wondering if I could get some help. The truck I'm looking at is in pretty decent condition, minus a few scratches and dents here and there, but for the most part, it's clean. I had the brakes and rotors inspected and while those came back as brand new, I was able to look at the truck from underneath and saw some rust. Is this bad? I come from an area with a lot of snow and ice and with that, comes salt and ashes. I think the last owner didn't take care of the truck. What do y'all think?
https://imgur.com/a/35Io0Q7

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks just fine for an 8 year old truck, Mine looks worse. You can spray fluidfilm or equivalent on all of the suspension and undercarraige. I do that every fall and it always makes it look like new again. You can sand and paint the tow hitch a nice gloss black to protect it. If you spend about $50 in supplies and about 4 hours of your own labour, she would look pretty.