What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I bought my truck used and upon inspection I noticed that this piece is disconnected. Can anyone shed some light as to what this is and where does it plug into?

I appreciate the help!

View media item 14984

OP
OP
D

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some more pictures, including OEM sticker with Part number. It has both a QR code and Datamatrix code.

The part number appears to be: FL3T-14B242-AD
Datamatrix value is: F0002396303YA3001651001947

I wasn't able to find any of the part numbers online.
Closest thing i found was on some forum, about someone adding a camera to their XLT.
Adding Front Camera to XLT - Page 5 - Ford F150 Forum - Community ...

This harness is located on the Driver's side, Front bumper area.

View media item 14985View media item 14986View media item 14987

Last edited:

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures aren't working, but I'm going to guess it's the block heater plug. That hangs in the fog light area on the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like an engine block heater wiring and plug. I saw similar one on my Lariat when I changed the grill before

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My comments where going to your media. It’s for the blow off valve. Looks like someone installed an aftermarket blow off valve and no longer need the electrical connector. That little tapped wire section hanging off is a resistor to prevent a code from popping up due to the truck not seeing the factory blow off valve.

OP
OP
D

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a VTA plug. However, i recently installed a tune and it was giving me the DTC P0035 and they said it was related to the BOV.
Before the tune it never popped up.

I double checked and saw this wiring harness unplugged and wanted to see if it was related to that.

MMakino

Reaction score
Sorry to bump up an old thread... I came across this looking for the same part due to one the connections breaking. The number on the jumper is the engineering number and isn't really searchable. Here is the actual part number that can be purchased online or from the ford dealer. Figure it might help someone one day.

Ford Part Number: FL3Z-14B242-C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter