What is this dash light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that light if I hold the traction control button down - it disengages the stability control or something like that, allows me to drift it better and get more wheel spin than just turning off traction control

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get this warning frequently when driving directly into the sunlight at dusk and dawn as well, the UV interferes with the adaptive cruise/pre-collision system.
This. 100%

It prevents auto drive mode as well.

It goes away when it's not in direct light.

This happens in the early morning or a dusk when traveling directly into the sun.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has literally nothing to do with Ford Quality Control. This is by design.

You literally need to RTFM
It may not be, but my front 2 fenders that needed to be repainted due to cracking paint, rattling window trim that drives me crazy on the freeway, and wind noise on the driver and passenger door sure as shit are.

My 2020 seemed to be built a bit better and more solid. These new Gen 3 trucks seem…..hollow. Just not as well built as previous gens in my mind.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
It may not be, but my front 2 fenders that needed to be repainted due to cracking paint, rattling window trim that drives me crazy on the freeway, and wind noise on the driver and passenger door sure as shit are.

My 2020 seemed to be built a bit better and more solid. These new Gen 3 trucks seem…..hollow. Just not as well built as previous gens in my mind.
I found out the rattle on my 2023 with 600 miles is the driver side rear door pillar seal. Open both your doors and check the pillar seal on the rear door. It's the one that runs vertical and has a "felt" texture. mine is real loose and the dealer has placed an order. I hear this when the wind hits the seal on the freeway at some special angle lol. It doesn't happen all the time.
View attachment IMG_0789.mov

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what it is, but it is flaw in how it is made as even my Gen 2 did it, my 2021 Tremor and both my Gen 3 Raptors.

The only fox is to run some silicone to hold it in place so it doesn’t rattle

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I know what it is, but it is flaw in how it is made as even my Gen 2 did it, my 2021 Tremor and both my Gen 3 Raptors.

The only fox is to run some silicone to hold it in place so it doesn’t rattle
The passenger side is much tighter and does not rattle.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I found out the rattle on my 2023 with 600 miles is the driver side rear door pillar seal. Open both your doors and check the pillar seal on the rear door. It's the one that runs vertical and has a "felt" texture. mine is real loose and the dealer has placed an order. I hear this when the wind hits the seal on the freeway at some special angle lol. It doesn't happen all the time.
View attachment 422518
The passenger side is much tighter and does not rattle.
Warranty replaced and rattle gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc