What Do We Have Here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Westside Offroad Group

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Final install pics!
We ended up opting for this small cut and new piece as the performance benefits far outweighed the bed alteration.
Not doing it and either lowering the lower mount or adjusting shock angle further just to not alter the bed but sacrifice the performance just didn't pencil out.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 252
  • RST16-3.jpg
    RST16-3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 215
  • RST16-2.jpg
    RST16-2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 227
  • RST16.jpg
    RST16.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 217

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great what are the final travel numbers? I also have another question and if it's been answered some where else feel free to point me in that direction. If the frame is the upper limitation of travel then the springs and shackles are the lower limitation of travel. So if everyone is using the same springs 16.5 inches of travel is all were going to get with a sprung over setup. Can you get more travel with a sprung under setup and different springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Westside Offroad Group

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Final travel number is 16 7/8"
You can get more than 16.5" with a sprung over setup. The rst18 and other companies bed cage setups cycle 18". The full bed delete cage we ran last summer cycled 21 clean inches sprung over. You can achieve more travel with a drop shackle and a re arched spring. It allows for more droop as well as shifting the position of the spring relative to the axle. That combined with the shock angle and stroke is how you achieve more travel.
In general yes a sprung under will achieve more travel than a sprung over. This kit wasn't designed for a sprung under application but theoretically yes you could get more travel

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e356cd08d01a7a6601a3d632bf0f9590.jpg

Another kit out the door. We are liking the linex on this kit.

Looks good, but did you have them mix it with no traction component ?
The bump mounts rub on the frame quite a bit, when I removed mine after two years use there was distinct surface wear on the frame. They were tight.
Regular linex is abrasive and could potentially wear the frame...