Went a little crazy with the plasti dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LD50

Reaction score
Ok, took a few more pics. I'll see if I can get them right side up this time.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

OP
OP
L

LD50

Reaction score
I just noticed something when looking at my own pics that I'd never noticed on the truck before. In the second pic on the right side of the lower grill why is there an oversized hole? I just had to go back out and double check. It's not broken. The only thing I can think of is for a plug for a block heater.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just noticed something when looking at my own pics that I'd never noticed on the truck before. In the second pic on the right side of the lower grill why is there an oversized hole? I just had to go back out and double check. It's not broken. The only thing I can think of is for a plug for a block heater.

it is for a block heater....

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just looked at mine and its the same. I got a plug and cable in the glove box that fits in that hole for the block heater.
Rims look good all blacked out, not sure if I would prefer flat or gloss black on them for mine.

OP
OP
L

LD50

Reaction score
I think I'll keep them with the matte look for now. If someone wanted to go a different route plasti dip has gloss and metal flake top coats you could put over the base.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be curious to see how it holds up. I did just the top part of the skid on the bumper. So far mine looks like the day I did it. The stuff holds up well. I have been thinking of doing more stuff with it. Looks good.

Juicehead

Reaction score
Give us a report on how this stuff holds up in a few days if you don't mind. I want to do my front facia and fenders at the very least.

Also, what does the finish look like? Is it smooth or somewhat blotchy due to is being a "spray paint"?

I am torn between doing it this way or taking the 3M Di-Noc route.

OP
OP
L

LD50

Reaction score
The finish is matte color but it's completely uniform. The first coat goes on looking like hell and you'll think you made a mistake. By the second and third it starts to look pretty nice when it dries. I put 4 coats on mine was impressed by the results. It has a little bit of texture to it and it does feel a little tacky and rubbery once it's completely dry.

Even if you decide you don't want to go this route, about the only thing you'd be out is your time for trying. I got it for $6 a can and I think I used a maybe 4 or 5 cans to do everything.