GEN 2 We'll, that didn't last long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@GordoJay i agree Denver is the absolute worst but I-70 is a gorgeous stretch of highway from golden to grand junction.

It is the prettiest interstate in Colorado, maybe anywhere, and the scenery is pretty good. Glenwood Canyon was the last stretch of the interstate highway system to be completed. That's because it's in a pretty place. :) The two-lane highways in Colorado are even nicer. If I were driving from Flag to Denver, I wouldn't go out of my way to drive I-70. The traffic between Denver and Summit County is generally horrible, for starters, and when you add in the recent fires and closures/slowdowns farther west, it could be bad. I'll be going west through there on Wednesday and back east again on Monday or Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm meeting family in Grand Junction. It's my least favorite road to drive in the whole state, I-25 in second place, but last time I went through Breckenridge to Frisco, that was just as bad. Too many people, many either lost, looking at scenery, or terrified, mixed in with locals in a hurry. You've got to be constantly on your toes and it's tiring. Depending on where we end up going in Eastern Utah, I may come back on 46/90/145/62/550/50/115. That's what we did on Wednesday with 491/141 in place of 46/90. That's a prettier drive and much more relaxing.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
@GordoJay ha, 270 is my most hated highway in Colorado no question. Thank god I only have to commute it every week day for work....o_O

If you ever listen to Channel 93.3fm they have Ralph’s LOL, it’s a little 30 sec satire segment. He did one on I-70 and called it the most beautiful parking lot in Colorado :driver:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@GordoJay ha, 270 is my most hated highway in Colorado no question. Thank god I only have to commute it every week day for work....o_O

If you ever listen to Channel 93.3fm they have Ralph’s LOL, it’s a little 30 sec satire segment. He did one on I-70 and called it the most beautiful parking lot in Colorado :driver:

Too funny, I didn't even know that I-270 existed. I had to look it up. When I drove out to Tooele two weeks ago, I went I-25/287/I-80. It was the same distance as taking I-70, but faster and much more relaxing.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True.. but they always put interstates in the ugliest possible places. Colorado and Utah are not exceptions. I'd take highway 160 if I was driving from Flagstaff to Colorado and parts east. It's much prettier and it avoids Denver. That's a twofer in my book. I-40 and I-25 if I was going to drive the interstate. Both of those are boring routes through pretty states, too.

I lived right off Hwy 160 in South Fork. Very beautiful country indeed.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick update. I sold the Touareg and the Passat we had in AZ. The move to MA went well, the new job is good. I flew back to AZ to get the wife and ended up leasing her a new Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 for the drive home to MA rather than flying in Covid. We are mid trip now, just past Memphis, TN.

The Taco is no Raptor, but I do like it. We just passed 2000 miles on the odometer. The Taco will be used extensively as my beach truck, I leased so I wouldn’t care about long term corrosion.

1B120705-16F2-4CF9-86C9-BEF3CAFC99D1.jpeg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a quick update. I sold the Touareg and the Passat we had in AZ. The move to MA went well, the new job is good. I flew back to AZ to get the wife and ended up leasing her a new Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 for the drive home to MA rather than flying in Covid. We are mid trip now, just past Memphis, TN.

The Taco is no Raptor, but I do like it. We just passed 2000 miles on the odometer. The Taco will be used extensively as my beach truck, I leased so I wouldn’t care about long term corrosion.

View attachment 159301

Check out cape cod customs wareham MA- I will NEVER consider buying a new factory wrangler in my life, every year they get more $$$ the more that rings true- this place cranks out custom beach/show Jeep’s like nobody....do work on trucks too