Wait...., what? New TRX now a 6cyl!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be that way. Twin turbo Inline-6. Same engine they are putting in the Jeep Grand Wagoneer (albiet I'm sure with some extra ooomph). The current drivetrain in the TRX took a lot of parasitic loss to run. I think the trucks were only putting down mid-500ish hp to the wheels. The new motor trans combo in 2025 will probably match those numbers and also do better than the current 6mpg.

What a time to be alive! lol
I put nearly 70,000 miles on my TRX and it averaged 13mpg lifetime. My 37PP isn't doing much better.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! That’s news to me.

TFL is painful to watch. Don’t like these guys anymore.
That is because they don't actually know that much about vehicles, beyond the basics.

But some how they have created a YouTube empire so to speak. Years ago( 5 or more) They did a video that did not make the Ford (F150 I believe) look real well. Ford got pissed, band them from product launches and and other stuff.

They posted a video how the big bad business was crapping on them.

Worked in their favor, few years go by and boom all is forgiven, they were invited to the F150 lighting and F150 Raptor R product launches. Because they had built a "brand".

Actually if you can stomach some retar-ded-ness their trip with a lighting to Prudhoe Bay was actually pretty good

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put nearly 70,000 miles on my TRX and it averaged 13mpg lifetime. My 37PP isn't doing much better.
You can Eco or you can Boost. You can't have both at the same time.

I can, if I care, get almost 19mpg out of my Raptor but geeze that is boring AF. I can only stay in the slow lane for a few hundred yards at a time.

Having a 7.3 PSD that gets about 12mpg at 75 mph for 20 years makes it so I am numb to MPG.

I put 13k miles on my Raptor in the last 13 months. (First year of ownership). Approximately 9k of that off road. I spent $5000 on fuel last year and do not regret it at all. Hate Biden more every fill up, but that is a different issue.

PS: I normally don't DD my Raptor so that fuel expense is what I consider entertainment.

Last edited: